Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
lorenzo816 said:
Hey john, long time no see.
We'll take whatever you bring.

And ya gotta cut down that signature line. Man thats a page and a half on any screen.
I'll do it now. .........

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lorenzo that's a little better

·
Registered
23 Posts
Van said:
Uwharrie Spring 2018 attendees list.

JLemond... Site 32, 25-29 Apr
Van... Site 30, 25-29 Apr
Lorenzo and jrodizzle07... Site 34
btw1549.... Site 35
Superwire and friends... Site 29
MrDunge... Site ?
I assume this is the Arrowhead Campground?

I think I'm going. It will be my first. I might fly in a friend from FL.

If coming in an Isuzu and no RV, it's real camping, right?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Reserved site 39 for Fri thru sun. See you there.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
PA_Robert said:
I assume this is the Arrowhead Campground?

I think I'm going. It will be my first. I might fly in a friend from FL.

If coming in an Isuzu and no RV, it's real camping, right?
You betcha. Arrowhead has tent only camping with no electricity or you can reserve one of the sites with electricity and put the tent up there, or, you can rent a cabin nearby (about 8 miles from Arrowhead)... http://www.uwharriecabins.com/

·
Registered
633 Posts
lorenzo816 said:
dont forget the hot showers and cold ****ters.
thats why we pay the big bucks to stay at arrowhead !!! (dont forget the handicap shower is true king status with its dual shower heads)

seriously looking forward to some time in the woods, work is suck lately. work all week, work on house all weekend, blah.

·
Registered
482 Posts
"Work is suck". A truer statement has never been made.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
lorenzo816 said:
dont forget the hot showers and cold ****ters.
In Maryland we say "Hot crabs" and "cold beer"

·
Registered
633 Posts
Mannnn, I haven't had fresh crabs in years. I was absolutely spoiled growing up in Northeast Pennsylvania. Crystal clear mountain spring water, Venison, fresh trout at the drop of a mealworm in any creek. Northern pike and the best damned seafood from Maine to Jersey coast brought straight in, steamed and enjoyed. Bars on every corner with little neck and mahogany clams, all you can eat crab legs, 25 cent or less wing specials...mmm mmm mmm. Oh and Italian food ? Fahgeddabouddit !!! Although I must confess, there ain't no beatin' North Carolina's pit smoked pork barbecue, that's for sure !!! But definitely feel free to bring some fresh seafood to steam off haha !!!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
not steamed but I know a hidden in a hollar fish camp for fried seafood about 20 minutes from Eldorado.
If yall interseted we can take a trip down there one night. Has a decent country salad bar too.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Anyone interested in some parts?
I can take these with me if anyone is interested.

• I have two black second gen Trooper mirrors (power not heated)[/*]
  • I have a few VSV's and a shift fork (sotf) bash guard[/*]
  • rodeo / passport cargo cover with brackets! [/*]
  • A first gen rodeo / passport trailer hitch with bolts![/*]

and I can bring some more stickers for those who haven't picked any up yet.
Holler if you want any of those parts above.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,713 Posts
superswire said:
Although I must confess, there ain't no beatin' North Carolina's pit smoked pork barbecue, that's for sure !!!
Seriously? Have you had Memphis barbecue? :D

Jack

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
This gathering is quickly approaching. I can't believe I am still undecided at this moment in time. The truck is mostly ready. I have one rear axle nut that I had to cut when taking the thing apart that needs to be replaced (being held together with 3 nuts at the moment) The camper is being de-winterized this weekend. But work, renovations and possibly needing to be up here for another reason has me hesitating. I really don't like to hesitate. There are still a few more spots left for a camper. If I do come down it will just be me and Garrett. I haven't talked to him recently about this trip - he is in southern California until next Tuesday so I am not sure what his schedule holds either. It's a heck of a long trip for me alone pulling the camper.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
MarcusInMD said:
No sites left. :(
That's what you get for procrastinating. :lol:

If you're just coming down by yourself, sleep in the Trooper and crash at my site.

Forecast looks a lot better than some past spring trips... https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Troy+NC+27371:4:US

Looks like a small group this time so planning a group meal shouldn't be a problem.

Any suggestions as to what? With a little help, we'll get'er done. :p

21 - 40 of 61 Posts