Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if tghese seats come in vinyle and clothe ,or just clothe combo just wondering,i found one with clothe combo,but if there out there I will keep looking for one with gray vynle and gray,white,blue,and black tweed. :D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Well I have some in my LS. Im not sure what the seat options were, but mine were a brown cloth and a tanish tweed in the center.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so if i could get one for 40., Ishould buy it u think,do you think the bottom s of the two seat covers would interchange and then use top cover off standard seat do arecover for the ssplit seat top portion?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Kind of hard to follow your last post. If you want I can grab some pictures tomorrow? The top of the seat "splits". The whole seat (front and rear) can be pivoted on two hinges/brackets.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be great,thanks, I can see it,just can't explain it, switch bottom covers and use the two upper covers to re do to match old bottom seat. maybe thats better. thanks for pics. if you can get them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks bigbread i was hoping they were some out there,do like them, and have used them to sleep on, do think build a box behind with kinda afoldable platform would br better. i like both,but i would have a covered storage space.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I would say $40 is a good price for INTACT rear seats with good fabric. All of the split rear seats I have come across have broken side pieces where they don't click in anymore. I pulled and chucked my old set of split seats and replaced it with a solid bench seat.

Bart

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I only have 10 or so minutes of daylight during the week. Not sure if these are what your looking for. If you want some of the back, itll have to wait until the the weekend.

The seat folds flat this way, by also folds back.

These come out and can be put into a set of holes on the bottom part of the rear seat. They can act as a headrest. (Your feet will be facing the tail gate.)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
And for $40, Even if the armrests dont fit into the front, ld say its a good deal.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Haha no I haven't slept on them yet. With.a blanket and pillow I think it would be tolerable.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I logged 21 nonconsecutive nights sleeping on mine last year. It's not my bed at home curled up next to my beautiful wife...but for me, it's pretty nice. I'm usually either on the ground or better in a hammock, or for quick and easy...in the trooper. I often have my own three boys sleeping back there with me.

I definitley recommend using the armrests as the pillows (or if they no longer hook in up front...then pile enough clothes/gear...something behind front seats so you can hang your head off the end onto something soft. Then sleep with feet towards the rear doors. I either pull the seatbelts out or cover everything with a blanket at the crease between the seat and seatback...otherwise you roll over onto something hard and it definitely wakes you up. I also put a pad between the rear doors and back of seat back (when laid back) so my feet don't fall off the edge. On a cold night I'm always surprised how nice it is inside the trooper compared to air temp outside in the morning. When I have four people inside, I used to always crack the windows...but I do it less and less, seems plenty of air comes in through the rear vents (I don't think there is any way to close those???) the ones behind the rear side window.

Keep in mind I'm only 5'8...if I were too much taller I'd have to sleep diagonally and lose some comfort. Also, I got lucky and my trooper came with plush leather seats, I've seen some seats that looked pretty worn out and appeared less comfortable.
You gotta try it out...hope it works for you!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks this is what I was Looking for ,can,t decide whether to try and find split seats or try and build a foldable storage box that runs up over my current seats folded down,the fist two sections would cover rear area,then next to would fold out over seats about 78'' to 80'' and i could fold the three sections to make just a 1 section that would slide further back against seats wi\hen not in use with two doors to get to storage or when out all the the first section would be split to lift up . then just use some kind of pad or just two sleeping bags. what u think?

·
Registered
325 Posts
There are folks who have built setups as you describe with pictures on here that you should check out. There are older threads on this subject where you'll find many pictures inserted.

For me, I like to keep it simple and just use the seats. Quicker setup, less in my way than if I had built a platform. If I were sleeping in it every night...perhaps a platform makes more sense, but for occasional camping...I like my setup. That's the beauty in the trooper though...room back there to do what YOU want...find what works for you...make it your own.

One other option to keep in mind...if you're not taking passengers, or if you have a covered spot outside at campsite for storage, I think the entire rear seat (split back or solid) comes out with 4 easy bolts. You could take it out, put down your pad...only drawbacks are you wouldn't be above wheelwells so you'd lose some width, and you'd lose storage underneath. I almost think that would be easier though than constructing/setting up/taking down a platform all the time and having it in your way when in normal transport mode.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts