Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, I was driving along the high way with my 96 big horn ( don't know if it has the same config as troopers), I noticed that the speedomoter was acting strangely going from 0 -180 kph without stepping on the gas and the auto tranny is shifting up and down and i cannot step up the speed. What would be the first that I should check to correct this problem? any help would be highly appreciated... thanks!

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
You have a problem involving the vehicle speed sensor. The sensor is located on the right rear of the transmission, it has a wiring harness attached which plugs into the sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, I filled some ATF and it seems ok.. the problem now is that it doesnt accelerate like before... Is my tranny in bad shape? and I hear some noise whenever I go from 0-30 kph...

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
If the vehicle doesn't accelerate properly the clutches are probably slipping. Operating the vehicle with low fluid causes causes the clutch plates to toast due to low hydraulic pressure. The only solution is to remove and rebuild or replace the transmission, big money in either case. You probably should take it to the shop for a professional evaluation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts