Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a friend of mine installed a spartan locker in a dana 44 and now she needs to take it out because her truck is having transmission problems and the warranty might be voided if they notice the locker. Anyways could anyone give some help on how to take out or remove the locker?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
you will need to (at minumum) remove carrier from housing,remove ring gear from carrier and then you'll need a manual to see how it went together.
Looks different than other "lunchbox" lockers.....

Neat find and thanks for posting a different variant I hadn't heard of $250 also :shock:
We now have another otion for our trucks

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
kharvey said:
So a friend of mine installed a spartan locker in a dana 44 and now she needs to take it out because her truck is having transmission problems and the warranty might be voided if they notice the locker. Anyways could anyone give some help on how to take out or remove the locker?
does she still have to spider gears to put back in the carrier 8) recon

·
Registered
555 Posts
Bansil said:
you will need to (at minumum) remove carrier from housing,remove ring gear from carrier and then you'll need a manual to see how it went together.
Looks different than other "lunchbox" lockers.....

Neat find and thanks for posting a different variant I hadn't heard of $250 also :shock:
We now have another otion for our trucks
I suggest "storing" it in your Dana 44 rear end if it will fit. You would not want it to get lost or anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts