Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
I have those adapters in Craftsman, Snap on, and Harbor Freight "Fine China". Basically can adapt any size 1/4 to 3/4 and back down. What's getting hard to find is individual sockets for making custom tools. Used to have a local Flea Market with a few tool sellers who always had a good range of sockets or wrenches and almost any name brand you wanted. Now the Flea Market property is about to become...Condos :evil: Dennis

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
When I had my 3.2, I would use a regular socket w/o the plug grabbing insert. I'd break the plug loose and loosen a few turns, then I would switch to a rubber fuel line large enough to fit over the insulator and complete the unscrewing and removal with the hose. I also used the hose for installing the new plugs. I keep a 6" and a shorter section of hose in my box for just these purposes.
If you think these are bad, try changing Ford Triton plugs. Dennis

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
93trooperpooper said:
the hose should slip if the plug cross-threads, saving you a heli-coil job :evil:
One of the reasons I like to use them. And "taping a socket to an extension". I don't remember the exact job, but I still have aluminum duct tape on my 15MM socket from doing that. It held. Dennis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.