Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not intending to diss the state of South Carolina, but I was wondering what this white like crud like stuff is on the Isuzu Trooper I purchased there last fall?

There is some white cement like stuff all over the underside and on the wheels. I'd like to remove it from my wheels so I can paint them. This white crude is like cement and hard to get off. Anyone familiar with it and what is the best way to remove/dissolve it?

Thanks

Carl

·
Registered
676 Posts
It aint just in the Low Country, I live in the upstate (Pickens County) and it's all over the rocker panels on my Rodeo. I can't figure out for the life of me what it is, or how to get it off either.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Its probably lime deposits. I use to get it all over the undercarriage of my Kenworth whenever I had to drive on the county roads in SC. Only thing that I could use to get it off was a high pressure steam cleaner like they have at those do it your self car washes. You know the place where you feed in the quarters and scramble to get the truck washed before the nozzle quits.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
golden_eel said:
didnt they film the dukes of hazzard in pickens county?
:lol: Somehow I doubt that? but I dated a school teacher in Pickens... Lots of interesting things still going down in that area to this day. :wink:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
South Carolina is a beautiful state. The area around Lexington, SC where I purchased my Isuzu Trooper, has a big lake. I thought man this looks like a great place to live and play.

That stuff probably initially was powder like cause I have it crusted on in the door jams, behind the gas door, etc.

Carl

·
Registered
485 Posts
grobrooks said:
Thats what I was thinkin! I'm in Columbia about 5 minutes from Lexington and I don't remember ever having anything like that on my car. If it is lime try CLR.
That's what I was thinking. Spray some on in a spot for about 10 minutes (don't let it dry) and spray it off at the car wash.

What every you use to get it off, I'd go over it with a degreaser afterwords to neutralize the chemical.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Are you sure it ain't cement?? The PO could have driven thru some wet cement. I've lived in SC for 52 years. Lived in the upstate for 30 years and the lowcountry for 22 (so far) and while sand and limstone are very common here (more so in the lower part of the state) none of it cruds up and sticks like what you are describing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.