Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the ones that have been helping me-Chase & E-Zoo-Zoo (and anyone else that can steer me in the right direction) I am still having problems here. Put the new alternator in, got the starter on, now I have a dim battery light and brake light-you have to look hard to see it but it is there.

Now I have noticed (it is running), when I go out a hill, using a little more power, my volts go down to 12 even. The shop that did the work with the alternator is giving me a run around so I probably won't go back there (other than to run it through their front window :twisted: ).

Talked to a guy yesterday about it. He told me to take that truck back to the shop that did the alternator and tell them that it is not charging and I am losing power. He seems to think that there is a bad diode.

Does this sound right to you? Kenny is off for the next week so this will be the time to work on it-just what he wants to do I am sure-he will know the underneath of that Rodeo in & out before this is all done. It is getting very frustrating.

(it is running fine with heater and radio on as long as you aren't pulling a hill-as soon as it shifts the voltage goes back to the normal spot)

Sorry to be a PITA about this but we are about at our wits end.

(Smiley-he got his disabled american veteran status-check is in the mail!)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to do that. Going to another place than the one that I have been dealing with-they gave me a run around. Tired of fooling with it-it has been almost a month now. Had the alternator out 3 times! :cry:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hopefully that alternator didn't come from the place I used to work. I'd definetly recommend getting it tested out. The place I worked at is really bad about testing one and sending two...but I didn't way anything...on second thought, yes, I did :twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.