Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real World facts and science data: this is so cool just to grasp at what-ever level. I Love eating this stuff up having taken several astronomy and engineering college classes to understand the energy release that took place!

This is our sun, and that spec is the earth. This solar flare base diameter was bigger than Jupiter.!!!!!!!!!

now look at the scale of mass disruption and fall out over ~1/2 the suns surface!

going out tonight, to look for northern lights. try it! Dark and clear, they'll be over most of the northern USA.

WEB VIDEO: STELLAR!

Watch the whole 3 minute video with different termperature spectrums of color and impact. :cool::cool::cool:

YouTube - ‪Simply Amazing Solar Prominence Eruption!‬‏

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Yea, I heard about the big flare yesterday and was hoping to see and photograph the Aurora. The clouds finally cleared a bit and I went for a drive away from the lights, nothing.

Just checked the Aurora prediction site from U of Alaska...

Looks like we didn't get hit as hard as they had predicted, here is the latest Aurora activity chart.

Looks like just a corner of Montana, North Dakota and Minnesota could see it in the cont. US, I doubt anyplace further south. Surely not as far south as Nebraska as they predicted.

Bummer, Oh well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.