Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
isaidme said:
Here is my security system that I installed :lol:
SWEET! :D :D :D :D :D

I have GOTS to get me one of them their Aimponts for my baby!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This paticular scope is a Tacpoint "Aimpoint Clone"mounted on a swan setup.Got the Tacpoint for less then $100 and it works great.If this one goes out then I might fork over the cash for an Aimpoint but untill then I will just settle for the copy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i have a friend that has a AR-15 with a similar scope, bipod fold stand, sling, all for $1500, i have shot it a few times but i dont have that much money to dish out for a gun. Oh yea, the stock is calapsing, and about ten bannana clips loaded with a military amo box full of rounds, i guess he's ready for anything not including the HK-45 and a Dessert Eagle, that gun is badass.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually the sub enclosure itself is only about 1cubic foot.The rest is just a shell to make it fit the Troopers interior more exact then a prefab box and gives it more of a factory look.The sub is a JL 12W6 V2 which if powered correctly will pound.Im more into sound quality rather then just loudness.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
get it ported and put in some polyfill and it will sound like the box is bigger, thus sounding deeper and more rich.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might do the polyfill thing after I get it hooked up.It depends on how it sounds.I prefer sealed enclosures myself because to me they seem to perform better then ported over a larger varity of music. You really have to to get a ported enclosure tuned perfectly and in general require double the cubes of box.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i agree, sealed is better all around. it is tighter in the sound and generally a smaller box. i have a sealed box and i just want a new one because i want bass that is deep, not tight. im looking for it to sound better with new rock, as now, it sounds great for older rock, i.e. beatles, pink floyd, ect...

·
Registered
825 Posts
changing your box doesn't change the music, it will only change how loud certain frequencies play at given a certain amount of power input. (changes efficiancy curve).. if you want "DEEPER" then you need to listed to music with deeper frequencies in it. If you already have that music, maybe you are just looking to get those deeper sounds to play LOUDER.

If a vented box is properly designed, and installed correctly, a vented box will sound just as good as any sealed box, and it will operate much more efficiantly than the sealed counterpart... the reality, is that, a car enviroment doesn't always offer us enough space to build a large enough box with a large enough port. (with modern, "long excursion" woofers, our ports have to be much larger to manage the air flow without introducing more noise, but as you go larger in diameter, the port must also become longer to maintain the same tuning frequency.).. I'm suprised We haven't seen more passive radiators used in car applications, they are an excellent solution to the BIG-PORT problem, and eliminate the flutter accociated with the air flow of a port. With an SUV, there is plenty of space to allow for good vented/radiator designs.

If you need the space, go sealed, but be prepared to overcome the efficiancy rolloff with bigger amplification, and equalization.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.