Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few of my past rides you guys might enjoying seeing some pictures of.

I've had more cool stuff I can post if you guy don't mind :twisted:

89 325is that I sort of restored

96 Disco

02 Disco

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I have a clear picture in my head of the time I first saw a Discovery when they came out in the early 90s, I was with my wife and remember we both immediately commented at how hideous it looked... fast forward 20 years and it's become one of my all time favorites! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing the photos, look forward to seeing some of your upcoming Trooper!

Jonathan

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I really like them as well. For me they are about the perfect size. I just got tired of the leaky motor, had we ever gotten a factory diesel Discovery here its probably all I'd ever own. The 4 liter rover motor though is just a maintenance nightmare.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Nice, I've been wanting to do a thread like this for some time.....ahhh, the money I've pissed away on vehicles :lol: I like that pic of the disco in front of the Herbert C Bonner bridge aka Oregon Inlet Bridge for those unfamiliar. That reminds me if you're on facebook you should find Oregon Inlet Idiots, there's always some funny/cool stuff up there, sometimes a little brash though. I didn't think you were jacking my thread. It was funny I was out and saw the pics on my cell, when I got home and logged in I was like :?: :drunken: :?: duh where'd they go :lol:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alligator River Wildlife Refuge

Pisgah NF

Hurricane Creek Forest Service Road (not bad for a stock truck on 18" wheels!)

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I'm jealous, you've wheeled from one coast to the other :mrgreen:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would be fun to get some folks together for a Hurricane Creek run sometime, its a really cool trail/road with lots of camping opportunities in the area.

This is also a fun route I've done, ends on the west rim of the linville gorge and goes through the ghost town of Mortimer

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
great pics,i love land rovers 8) recon

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
shaggydoink said:
You're still young... whatchya waiting for? ;)

Jonathan
married with 4 kids under the age of 5 :lol: puts a dent in too big a trip :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hope you don't mind Storz, but I just blantantly ripped off this thread Idea. Thought it'd be cool to see some of the favorite past rides of other members.

Also, thanks for sharing your Rover pics. You had one nice beasty there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More past rides...most of these are from 5-10 years ago.

my wife thinks I have a car problem lol :)

'87 Vette

'87 MR2

'91 Miata

'05 Impreza 2.5RS

'98 318ti

'04 DRZ-400sm

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
foytiX said:
shaggydoink said:
You're still young... whatchya waiting for? ;)

Jonathan
married with 4 kids under the age of 5 :lol: puts a dent in too big a trip :D
Dude, I have two words for you... Airstream trailer. Claim your spot in the glorious and sought after world of truly epic Dads! :thumbup:

Jonathan

·
Registered
207 Posts
Storz said:

[insert epic pics here]
No such thing as a problem. You just want to be more .... worldly and sophisticated in the wide range of truely great mechanical marvels that mankind has created.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can't forget these two either.

No longer have the bike, but the boat I'll have forever.

'05 SV650 with RC51 bodywork and some other goodies

The boat my father bought new in 1977, he gave it to me back in 2010 when my wife and I bought our first house. Its 18' with a Ford 460ci big block. I unfortunately discovered last year that the floor/stringers are soaked so its going to be down for a few years while I do a complete restoration on it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WhiteEightBall said:
Storz said:

[insert epic pics here]
No such thing as a problem. You just want to be more .... worldly and sophisticated in the wide range of truely great mechanical marvels that mankind has created.
Exactly, I just tell her it took a while of experimenting to find out what I really like. Which is basically anything with 4, or two, or no wheels that goes, fast, or through anything, or maybe around a corner well, or floats..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Storz said:
WhiteEightBall said:
Storz said:

[insert epic pics here]
Exactly, I just tell her it took a while of experimenting to find out what I really like. Which is basically anything with 4, or two, or no wheels that goes, fast, or through anything, or maybe around a corner well, or floats..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
See. No problems at all with vehicles. In fact, we love them!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
LOL, a wheeling trip to the beach is for sure in order this summer :D We'll have to get a bunch of Isuzu's out and storm the beach :twisted:

Dude love the subaru action shot, and that boat is a BEAST :!:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.