Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally came up with this method/recipie of making the fajitas. It has differed since i first made it because i have found faster ways to cook the ingredients.

You will need:
Steak
Peppers (Bell usually)
Onions
Wraps
Butter
Ground Black Pepper and Salt
Aluminum Foil
Charcoal Grill or fire pit
Patience

Optional:
Cheese (I use)
Lettuce (I use)
Guacamole
Tomatoes
Salsa
any of your favorites!

Light the coals on your grill/fire pit, return inside as long as you can keep an eye on the cooking area. if not, wait and do this step after preparation for safety.

So defrost your steak. While its in the microwave, I usually grab my bell pepper and onion and wash it. Then I begin cutting them. I like to have strips but you can dice them or cut them anyway you please.

Take your steak out of the wave, and if the fat bothers you, cut it off. I have no problems with it so I just leave it be. Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper to your liking. Put some of your onion/ bell pepper stuff on the bottom of the foil, and make a bed for your steak to lay on.

Place steak on the bed of bell Peppers and Onions.

Place the rest of your vegetables on top/surrounding the steak.

Wrap the foil and make a pouch. Carefully carry it out to your grill or cooking area. If you are using a grill, remove the top part of your grill so you can place the pouch directly on the coals.

Place your pouch right on the coals, and make sure you can stay with the steak. It will begin to cook.

After 6 or 7 minutes, carefully use tongs to open the pouch and flip your steak over. Be careful not to spill over any of your vegetables. You may also want to cut into it to predict how much longer it may need to cook, depending on your personal preference of steak thoroughness. Also check and turn your vegetables so they don't get overcooked. you want them to be crisp when you finish!

Once your steak is cooked, remove. and slice. The way you slice it is very important!!! Make sure you slice with the fibers. you should see this ____ and not .......... when you look at your slices. cutting it with the fibers makes it more tender since you are nut cutting the fibers.

Now grab all your favorite fajita toppings, some steak and veggies throw them in a wrap and enjoy!

Next time i make them i will post some pictures.

:D

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
95Rodeo4x4 said:
So defrost your steak. While its in the microwave, I usually grab my pepper and onion and wash it. Then I begin cutting them. I like to have strips but you can dice them or cut them anyway you please.
I tried this.

The pepper all went down the drain.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Selador AKA Tat said:
95Rodeo4x4 said:
So defrost your steak. While its in the microwave, I usually grab my bell pepper and onion and wash it. Then I begin cutting them. I like to have strips but you can dice them or cut them anyway you please.
I tried this.

i didn't say ground black pepper :twisted:

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
95Rodeo4x4 said:
Selador AKA Tat said:
95Rodeo4x4 said:
I tried this.

i didn't say ground black pepper :twisted:
Dang ! I knew I was missing something !

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol:

if you get the chance, i do recommend this recipe. i was preparing to make a steak in the broiler and my power went out after defrosting and i came to the solution of unseeing hot coals and a foil. Works great, tastes delicious, and if you have leftovers, you can have philly cheese steak the next day, or make them the same way just get some hoagies, mushrooms and provolone!

if your a real Philly steak you will hold the bell peppers and provolone and go for cheese wiz.

Never had a real cheese steak, but it is on my bucket list.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Like someone once said about sandwiches....

Without pics it didn't happen! :wav: :thebirdman:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
johnnie59 said:
Like someone once said about sandwiches....

Without pics it didn't happen! :wav: :thebirdman:
my stomach assures it happened :wink: :thefinger:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Taylor!

You come here this instant and clean the coffee from between the keys of my keyboard!

Thanks for the morning laugh bro... been a rather depressing day until I saw this. :D

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad I could help :D

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
HOLY SHYT TITS BATMAN!!!!

I know what I will be cooking tomorrow!!!

Thank you X-infinity

Cheers
-Ian

95Rodeo4x4 said:
and if the fat bothers you, cut it off.
:shock: Who does not like the fat... that is where the flavor is baby!!!! :D

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is a great meal, and the leftovers for me make breakfast :lol:

I can eat anything at anytime of the day :wink:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
94Rodayo4x4 said:
It is a great meal, and the leftovers for me make breakfast :lol:

I can eat anything at anytime of the day :wink:
^^ My favorite part of being a teenager.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts