Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listed @ $2,250 OBO.
Will sell to any PI member for $1,600 firm.
1992 F350 XLT ext. cab 7.3 Non-Turbo diesel, 5 speed, long bed dually.

NEW PARTS: A/C compressor, A/C accumulator (reciver drier), serpentine belt, rebuilt & ballanced driveshaft (That alone was $250.00) Clutch Master Cylinder, Clutch Slave Cylinder & that stupid $90.00! hydraulic line that connects the two together.
New METAL interior door handles.

NEEDS: Better tires. Are OK for now, but DOES need better tires soon.
Passenger side mirror.
Has only 1 battery hooked up. Does not really NEED 2 batterys, but it did come out with a spot for two.
Glow plug system is shot.
A/C recharged. (Evidently has a slow leak)

Will NOT start unless eather is used.
Once you "give 'er a snort", she'll start every time right as rain. So yeah, it's adicted to the snuff.

She is a rough old truck. Make no mistake about it. But it will get the job done if something needs pulling.
I can promice you this, at some point in time, it will break down. Sorry. That's just the nature of old trucks. But for $1,600, it would be hard to find a better one of this size / class for same or less money.
Please pass the word allong. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH, and the tool box lid is all messed up. Needs to be replaced or a new hinge installed. I honestly have never opened it since I bought the truck.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lowzone said:
you know ether is a no-no on diesels....
:laughing3:

Ron. You worry too much! :D

I assure you, ether is 100% safe, even with IDI engines.
Truth be told, the ONLY reason why it would ever ever ever hurt a diesel engine is when someone shoots WAY TOO MUCH eather into the engine. You know very well what happens when idiots DO use too much! :D
For those who do not know that read this, a ONE HALF ------> 1/2 second burst at a time! NO MORE!!!
Allways spray into the air cleaner IN FRONT of the air filter. NEEEEEVER EVER directly into the intake manifold with the air filter off! And ALWAYS with the engine cranking over before you start spraying! :lol:
I stood beside my dum a-- father one very cold morning remove the air cleaner, shoot in about a 3 second blast of starting fluid, and grenade the he-- out of a VW Rabbit diesel pickup motor. It poped like a bomb went off inside. Well, accually, it DID.
And crap like that is what has given ether a bad rap.

But to lean on the side of caution, if one does not KNOW how to PROPERLY use ether, you are correct, LEAVE THE STUFF ALONE! :lol:

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
COYOTE102076 said:
lowzone said:
you know ether is a no-no on diesels....
:laughing3:

Ron. You worry too much! :D

I assure you, ether is 100% safe, even with IDI engines.

I stood beside my dum a-- father one very cold morning remove the air cleaner, shoot in about a 3 second blast of starting fluid, and grenade the he-- out of a VW Rabbit diesel pickup motor. It poped like a bomb went off inside. Well, accually, it DID.
And crap like that is what has given ether a bad rap.

But to lean on the side of caution, if one does not KNOW how to PROPERLY use ether, you are correct, LEAVE THE STUFF ALONE! :lol:
HAHAHHAA!! wow...i know of too many people in winter grenading diesels from using ether...that 7.3L is a great motor!!!!

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
would you believe i JUST bought one of these in NY State. getting in a couple weeks. crewcab with a utility body 163k, 5 spd 2wd 1500.00 :)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow! good deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sold this truck 3 weeks ago. Just forgot to tell anyone. Sold it locally for $1,800

Now looking to sell our 1983 MB 300D Turbodiesel. Why? We now want a convertible for a play toy.
We are trying to buy a 1999 Mercedes SLK230Kompressor convertible, 98k miles on it, but it is at a stealership and they want $7995 for it.
I offerd $6k, but they are not eager to budge off of their price, so we'll have to wait that one out.
Also looking real hard at a '02 BMW 3series (325i I THINK it was) Convertible. $5k, BUT, it has a LOT of miles on it (189k) and may most likely need a new top.
And on the really cheap end, a MINT CONDITION white 1994 Miata w. 117xxx miles on it and a brand spanking new top and new tires. It belongs to my wifes uncle. He said he'd sell it to us for $3k. HOWEVER, it as most Miata's are, is a 5-Speed. That is wonderfull by me, but my wife REFUSES to learn how to drive a 5-speed and will NOT! have anything but an automatic. :( So I would then have to install some kind of auto trans into it. Hmmmmmmm, no.
And a church member is trying to sell us a 2004 CrySlaughter Sebring convertible fully loaded with 89000 miles on it for $4500. (Not real happy about that one, but my wife LOVES it. :roll: )

OH well. Congrats again on the Ford find!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Japes said:
Happen to have an asking price on the 300D? :)
We are thinking $2k.
THE GOOD:
I just put 2 new "headlight doors" (the grey & clear plastic headlight bezels around the headlights and fog lights) 2 new front corner marker lenses on it.
Paint is 90%, engine will fire right up even at 20 deg. F. Has decent tires on it. Not great, but not bad. ALDA screw has been turned all the way out and the fuel pump timing has been changed, and the wastegate disconected (now makes a max of 21 psi boost, compared to the factory limited 9 psi.) so now it runs 0-60 in 14 sec. (Was nearly 30 seconds when we first got it!) The carpet is in good shape, just needs redying. (That I may do myself before selling) All of the suspension ball joints, steering and shocks are in exelent shape.
THE BAD:
Has some very minor (dime sized) rust spots on it that need to be fixed, one behind each rear wheel. Also has a small rust spot about 1" long in front of the windshield on the passenger side. the previous owner used clear silicone around the top & sides of the front windshield, so that mess needs to come off & a new proper window seal needs to be installed. The sunroof seals need to be replaced. (We only drive it in the dry on pritty days). The vacuume pump is on it's way south. Works fine right now, but is making bad noises that are a "death drum" of the vp. A/C needs fixing. Not sure WHAT in the front is leaking, but SOMEWHERE in the bottom front of the car it will spew out the R134a as fast as you can put it in. May be the condensor core, may just be a line. All the A/C repair shop would tell me is "You have a really bad leak and you are looking at $300 to repair it." :dontknow: The interior is in need of complete restoration. I CAN do a quickie "make it look good" job on it just so it LOOKS ok, but to stay true to Mercedes, it needs a proper restoration.
Millage is unknown. Odometer broke at 419,xxx miles. Speedometer works, just no odo. And the tac does not work. ( VERY typical of this generation MB)
I can get an easy $1000 from the motor alone, and another $400-$500 for the transmission, $160 for the wheels & tires. Scrap prices are at $0.22/lb, so I can
get an easy $400 just in scrap weight alone after removing engine, trans & wheels.
If I have to scrap it out a piece at a time, I will. So $2000 is a fair price. It is "The sum of it's parts".
PM if trully interested.
I will post some pics up next week. I am 7 hours away from home right now taking a vacation in the Smokey Mountains. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts