Isuzu SUV Forum banner

[SOLD!]FS: Raider/Montero Bouncy Seat Suspension - $50 + s/h

2K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  Fujisawa Rob 
#1 ·
I have a factory driver's suspension seat base from a late 80s Raider. I had planned to put this in the Trooper but it never happened.

If you're not familiar, the Montero/Raider had a coil sprung seat with adjustable tension. It also has a shock absorber in it. If anyone's interested, I'll take a picture. It's dusty and grimy.

Note, that this is not a drop-in mod. You'll have to get creative and maybe do some fabrication. As far as I know, no one has done this in an Isuzu!

I'm open to offers...shipping will probably be about $20 on it, it's rather bulky.

#3 ·
Bump. No one? You know you want to have the first Trooper with one...can't let those Montero guys have all the fun. Come on, you crafty welders/metal fabricators! I need this gone, price negotiable. Thanks for listening :)

#4 ·
can yo throw a tape measure on it,overall width and length for the top,the total ht of it and base size?

Thanks..very curious

#5 ·
Bansil said:
can yo throw a tape measure on it,overall width and length for the top,the total ht of it and base size?

Thanks..very curious
Sure, I'll do that tonight.

My plan (before the truck went to meet its maker) was to make a sturdy 'basket' and have it sit inside the sheet metal tower that the Trooper seats mount to. I wanted to do this to avoid cutting anything on the truck in case it didn't work out. It would be a challenge but very do-able I think.

#8 ·
Fujisawa Rob said:
Bansil said:
Thanks
It looks to be sitting on an old shelter half?
Actually, the shelter is in superb condition, it looks brand new :)
:lol: meant old skool...I froze my butt off enuf in those things

#11 ·
I apologize for the crooked measuring tape and upside down photos. Holding the tape and taking a photo at the same time was harder than I expected! The seat mounting surface is about 12x17. The base is about 11x15. The overall height is about 7". Total front-to-back is about 16". I hope that helps.

#13 ·
Thanks,I will print them offf and hopefully look at it this weekend

#15 ·
88bronzetrooper said:
Hey Doug if it works and you want to do 2 seats PJ has a whole seat and bouncy seat base at his house he wants to sell.
I've seen Montero guys do that since they only came from the factory on the driver's side.

#17 ·
I have too much life going on right now....no more projects are allowed until i clean the yard up :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.