Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's the difference between a.....flapjack, and a........pancake?

Which one is better, and why?

And who is Jack and what does he have to do with things that flap? :shock:

·
Registered
80 Posts
The difference depends on where you come from. I am from the UK and a Flapjack over there is crunchy and relatively small. A pancacke Is quite large and bears absolutely no resemblance to a flapjack in any way shape or form. Since I have been here I haven't seen a flapjack but I know that the US version of a pancake is totally different from the UK version. In the UK we tend only to have pancakes once a year, shrove tuesday. Over here you have them almost every day.
It's a funny old world isn't it?

Cris

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know about being funny, but, well, it's funny - I was watching Emeril last night and he made a 'German Pancake' that was to die for. It actually is a cake, baked in a frying skillet, but when it comes out of the oven, it's shaped like a bowl so you can put whatever kind of stuffing you want in it.

He made up a peach/cinnamon mixture with powdered sugar in his, and on a video he showed, the pancakes had a great looking baked apple mixture.

Mmm, mmm, good ! :D Haven't ever seen any pancakes/flapjacks like that around these parts...... :cry:

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
And this one just because its a good question

ENJOY!

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
A flapjack in the U.S. is made from milled corn, is usually thinner and crispier and of a somewhat larger diameter (usually the diameter of the bottom of the skillet) whereas a pancake is flour based, usually thicker, not as crisp and, normally of smaller diameter. You could eat a flapjack sans syrup, etc much more easily than eating a nude pancake. For a comparison and perspective, a potato pancake is much more flapjackesque than pancakeish. Gizmo would love this verbiage; oops, I mean verbage, irregardless of the topic. Either way, I don't believe it will warsh with him. :lol:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
LTC Don said:
And who is Jack and what does he have to do with things that flap? :shock:
Im not to sure. But if you had a uncle named Jack and he helped you get off a horse. Would you do the same and help uncle Jack, off a horse?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Dae said:
Im not to sure. But if you had a uncle named Jack and he helped you get off a horse. Would you do the same and help uncle Jack, off a horse?
....really did we have to go there.... :rabbit:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.