Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....for me to be flat broke to start acting up. It appears my starter is going out. The solenoid seems to not be kicking out the bendix consistently. I've been needing to replace the knock sensor for a month now and now the idle is going wonky. Really wonky. It wants to die at lights and I suddenly have to hold the pedal part way to start it or it will rev and die. It's not been a good month for me. :x

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like I need to reseal my intake. So I also need to scrounge up a knock sensor while Im at it.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, against my better judgement I did install a used knock sensor. However, the intake gaskets cost me $45 which is a ton of money for me at this time. It was kind of fun to watch the scan tool when I started it and see the long term fuel trim drop like a rock from around 60% to near zero where it should be. The used knock sensor appears to be doing it's job too. My advice for anyone resealing their intake, do NOT used intake gaskets that are the "sandwich" type. Plastic sandwiched between thin metal. Get the Fel-pro set. I could tell by looking at them that they are infinitely superior. Also, replace that cursed allen bolt on the back of the intake with a regular bolt. I did this when I rebuilt the engine and it's tons easier to remove with the manifold in the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts