Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What shocks go with the 912s? Keep in mind I might add a 1.5" spacer later on.

Although I want to do *some* off-roading, I'll primarily be on the street, so a good ride is a consideration also.

I'm just kind of thinking ahead because I will be keeping my (ebay) eyes peeled. :)

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
My .02
You know how the shocks you have now work with dampening your suspension.

I say use what you have now,you will only have about 2" of down travel,unless you hit bumps really hard (enuf)to lift rear tires of the ground,this will give you an idea of what kind of shocks you need or want.

We use just plain cheap hydro shocks.

If you have access to a welder you can just buy sme bolts and weld them 3" higher on the perch this wil limt offroad abilitys but also allow you to just use what you have for cheap,and then just cut bolts off later for longer shocks...I'll take a pc later,wife is fine with this setup for DD and dirt road exploring

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, let me follow up with another dumb question. :)

I know nothing about shocks... let's say I try to use my existing shocks and have problems and need to replace them. Should I just pull into a suspension shop and tell them to give me the cheapest ones that will fit? Or is there a way to determine the correct size of the shock that I need?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
squatch said:
Buy the OME's that match the springs.
Hey Squatch, any idea which OME's that would be?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
If you're mostly going on-road/street. I can vouch for Monroe Sensatracs. They are dirt cheap too. :D

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
Based on the vast majority recommendation of the forum here, I put on Sensatrac's with my OME 929's (no add'l lift beyond spring). Cheap enough, work great. Tip: it was only like $40 more to have them installed at Sears vs. doing it myself from the discount auto store. Wish I had; cutting and heating the OE shocks off was a real bear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.