Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any experience with them? weigh in here with any thoughts you may have. would I still be welcome here on the planet?

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
hahahahaha no experience but I was JUST talking about this with Cronk. I've always wanted to get an Eagle. there is one around town that I'm always staring at. I'm not a big fan of the AWD system they use and if you do a google search you can come up with alot of info. I thought about getting one and changing the tcase.

·
Registered
130 Posts
UMMMMM.... Stop thinking about it :shock:

No personal experience but a guy I know had one back in the day. It spent more time in the shop than his garage. These things were obsolete BEFORE they made them.

Although..... I suppose if it were cheep enough, and in really good shape, and not your daily driver, MAYBE :p

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
No experience here but I always thought they looked cool.

·
Registered
160 Posts
id buy it as long as the price is right. As long as the body/frame is good, you can just throw another drivetrain in there and call it a day if it becomes undependable.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I love em too, especially the SX/4. There was just one for sale in Reno too for cheap, and I was drooling over it. The wife saw me looking at it, and said, "no, no, no" while waving her finger at me. :?

I would love to know more about them, like are they dependable when fixed up right, are there crate motors that can easily be swapped in, etc, etc.

Tha black SX/4s are so wicked looking when done right.

Bart

·
Registered
8,605 Posts

http://www.amceaglenest.com/rotm.html

Honestly the motors aren't bad, most of them had the straight 6, and they even had a turbo diesel option! I think the big issues were the tcase and front end but that's not bad. They basically had Cherokee running gear with Dana 30's and Dana 35's.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Ya for me it'd have to be a wagon lol. It'd be a family rig, but you like that mad max style anyways so teh SX4 is perfect for ya

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Just the idea of a slightly lifted 4x4 sports car is appealing to me. I mean, it would be pointless for me to buy one, because the VX bascially fills that niche for me, I just have always liked them, ever since I was a kid...

Bart

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I briefly had an AMC Concorde, before I could drive. My 8th grade math teacher said I could have it if I could get it to run. And I did.

It was parked at a friends house, because I was 13 and my parents didn't want "junk cars" around the place. My friends just rallied it through the orchards and trashed it. Not that it was all that nice to begin with, but I kind of wanted it for my first car. Oh well, I got a Trooper when the time came.

I would like an Eagle sedan, but now I've gone the Subaru GL route...

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I was about to say you already had that lol. Ya I feel ya, there are a few toys I still really want

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm... sounds like mixed reviews. the one I'm interested in is a wagon, and it would be doing commuter/family duty with occasional trips up the mountain, but honestly, that would be a rare occasion. might have to have a hitch, though, so I could put a trailer behind it to haul my dirtbike up to the hills.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
If I where ever to get an AMC it would have to be a Javelin 8)

Or maybe an early 60's Nomad, the Eagles just look a little goofy to me.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I agree, the 72/73 Javelin is one of my all time favorite American muscle cars.

And I agree on the Eagle, when you are talking about the wagons. That's why I like the SX/4. The wagons are kinda goofy lookin. The SX/4 just has better proportions and that rear spoiler looks cool as hell on it.

Bart

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
See I thought the exact opposite, I thought the wagon's looked better because well, it looked like it's supposed to be a wagon where the 2dr is "supposed" to be more car like but it's stance makes it look weird to me, I think it should be hugging the tires, look more sporty or more like a muscle car, like this spirit:

As for AMC, I'd take an AMX Javelin any day, I thought they were sweet.

The Rebel was cool too:

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
The SX-4 is based on the Spirit :) And that's why it looks funny to me, I love the 4x4 factor but this tiny car lifted just looks funny to me, I thought the wagon looked more proportional when sitting higher. The VX is short but it's long enough and large enough to look good still.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I just have one question:

WHY DO CARS SUCK SO BAD TODAY?

Is it just me? Or is modern car styling just pretty much blah across the board? Save for maybe some cool exotics and what not, I just find pretty much NOTHING appealing coming out today.

Bart

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I don't know man, there are only a handful of cars I like now. That's why I usually buy older cars and fix them up, and also because I hate car payments and I see no point in dropping 30K+ on a car that I am then going to modify.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.