and i got really bored this morning, and a link came up in my ffeed on facebook. decided to check it out.
i laughed at some of the facts.
1) A 2002 study found that redheads are harder to sedate than any other people requiring twenty percent more anesthesia. Inadequate doses cause people to wake up during surgery and have increased recall of procedures.
2) The highest percentage of natural redheads in the world is in Scotland (13%), followed closely by Ireland with 10%. In the US, about 2% of the population are natural redheads.
3) The sale of at home red dye kits has gone up seventeen percent since the year 2000 hit.
4) Redheads don't turn grey. Red hair turned sandy, then white. They are also found to loose their color later in life than people carrying other hair colors
5) Bees are thought to sting redheads more than others.
6) In Greek Mythology, redheads turn into Vampires when they die.
7) In Denmark it is an honor to have a redheaded child.
8) Red haired children have been historically branded as offspring of â€œuncleanâ€
We are intensely loyal and loving to those who return the feelings to us.
We have an uncontrolled sex drive and are pretty much much up for anything at any time.
Since most of us are either Scottish or Irish we have a very hot temper that can be triggered at the smallest infraction of our rules. Every Army of the Roman Empire dreaded a fight against us Celts and considered us the most formidable enemy ever encountered. Even our women were known to be ferocious fighters.
We will defend and protect our own (even if they are wrong) under any circumstances to the death.
Being around us is a pure joy to others as we have the best sense of humor of all other types.
We can also suffer from wild mood swings for no apparent reason. Just understand that it comes with the package and revel in the glory of knowing us....
My 'perfect dream woman' is a redheaded celt, w/the accent. Went to school with a few redheads, but none with an accent from hom (a good chunk of me is irish). I married the next best thing, all the fire & spice with a less flashy label lol, dirty blonde.
As a ginger person myself, I have to include that we do have souls, but they are just too epic for other souls to handle, thus they are afraid and pretend like they aren't there.
Oh, and for a real genetic anomaly. I dated a gal that was from Northern Italy, and she had crimson red hair. Every time i mention a "redheaded italian" people look at me like I am nuts, but they do exist in the mountain regions.