Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should say "tried" to replace... I saw this and thought "This looks pretty normal, right?"

WRONG!!!!!

Looks like my lifter tick wasn't a lifter at all... Crazy thing is that the truck has been driving for close to 30,000 miles this way!! The previous owner said that it showed up at around 140,000 miles, and the mechanic he took it to said that the ticking was common to Isuzu's, and that it would just come back again, so nothing was done about it. I bought it at 157,000, and it has close to 167,000 now, with no indication that anything was wrong other than the noise. Ain't that something?

So... where is the best place to find a replacement rocker arm, and how much should I expect to pay in parts needed to do it myself? Would it be cheaper to find a parts truck with a good engine? Help!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Gawd, those SOHC motors are a freak show under the valve cover. I'd check Rock Auto for new rockers.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Like CF said, check Rock Auto or I would get a set of arms out of salvage. Would certainly do that before looking at a motor swap as there have to be a ton of those motors in salvage to get parts from.

If you can not find the parts local look at http://www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com/

or mail [email protected]

I've had them go as war as to take a motor down to get me a piston and rod out of a 95 so for sure they would take off the rockers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most definitely checking out the salvage yards, their prices are much better than what I've seen for new parts. My local Pick-N-Pull advertises a "Rocker arm assembly" for $20, so I may have to go see what that includes on Saturday.

Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts