Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the lookout for a snorkel at a good price. Rarely, however are there Trooper snorkels, But more popular trucks (Hilux/Tacoma, 4runner/Land Cruiser, etc.) show up on eBay and things.
SO, my basic hunt has been primarily for the molded "chimney" piece that is typically the part that looks shabby when it is DIY. The rest I can figure out, I could even modify one from another vehicle (cut down, etc.) if I had to.
Many of you have been around more vehicles than me, what other vehicle do you think has similar angles and lengths as a Gen2 98+ trooper. That I may be able to get a snorkel for.

Side note, I have seen the ~200 Dollar snorkels on eBay for a Trooper. They self-proclaim not to be as durable or effective as say a Safari brand. ARB also explains why. That is why I have not jumped on them. Also the fact that they have not shown a real picture of it on the vehicle.
I am almost willing to bet, they use the same one for several vehicles, also.
Thanks,

sB

P.S. If you have a stellar idea on a "seamless DIY design" PLEASE do share, I have seen the bent metal ones, but they have the dents at the bends, I do not care for that.

Here is the link of ARB's rebuttal to the knock-off snorkels.
http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/downlo...2009_12_22.pdf

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
psguardian said:
You could fiberglass one... be a major P.I.T.A though I would think.

~psguardian
That would be quite the project :)
I imagine it would be worth purchasing a eBay knock off before doing that, however.
And the FG would shatter with some impact or bending, I imagine? At least the Car Audio stuff I have seen/helped with would.

I want a Kevlar one 8)

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
hum... that maybe a thought, i might have to add that to my list of things to custom make for my trooper.

·
Registered
11 Posts
*Warning: Resurrecting dead thread*

Does anyone know exactly why the relatively cheap snorkels on ebay would not be a good buy?
I was also put off by the lack of pictures of the snorkel mounted, but the price is tempting and ARB doesn't make a model for 98+ troopers.
Feel free to chime in and stop me from wasting 200 bucks.

The link from ARB posted by OP appears to be dead, anyone have another link to their article?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.