Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you out here on the East Coast that know my Roommate and long time buddy Smitty should know that on Friday evening his beloved Heep TJ came down with a severe fever(overheated) and suffered liver failure(water pump died). Surgery was scheduled for the following evening. While the surgery went well and a successful liver transplant was performed more damage was discovered.

In the process of bringing the Heep out of anesthesia it suffered a massive heart attack(spun the bearings). The damage was so great that after nursing it along for 24hrs it was removed from life support and died shortly there after(spit said bearings into the oil pan)...

In a show of either blind love or sheer ignorance the Heep was immediately moved into a Cryogenically Frozen state. Smitty hopes and prays that one day a new heart will be available for transplant and that like a phoenix rising from the ashes, hid beloved Heep will for the second time... Rise from the dead.

In liu of flowers donations to H.O.A. (Heep Owners Annonomas)- a recovery program for former Heep owners, in Smitty's name would be appreciated. Smitty and The Heep will be receiving friends and family to pay their respects... pretty much anytime. It will be in the front yard for an unknown length of time (last time was 2yrs).

Thank you

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
R.I.P.

My condolences to Smitty and his Heep. :lol:

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Crap... well maybe he'll find comfort with the 10 other jeeps that broke at the ECORS race the other weekend!! :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Lets rebuild the motor! Lets get forged internals and make that 4 banger spin some tire! But no really, new crank,pistons, and rods if needed and we'll be good.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was talking to Shabba the other night and loved his suggestion...

Lets drop a 2.6 in it!

I can see it now, Heep... Powered by Isuzu.

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
546 Posts
I like the 2.6 suggestion, but I think that a diesel would be better. In fact, if you can find an early 90's NPR with the 4BD2T it would be just about perfect! Granted, making it fit would be the bigger challenge. Not as bad as the 4HK1 tho....which would be awesome. :D

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Smitty is now perilously close to joining Dan (aka: 'Dan-Dan the Jeep Breaking Man') among the ranks of notorious Jeep owners with a doubled & rhyming nickname...

'Smitty-Smitty; he whose Jeep is ______' :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope it gets pulled out of the Liquid Nitrogen Chamber, very soon!
And I've gotta admit it... I love the idea of an Isuzu NPR-powered Wrangler! :twisted: :thumbup:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Smitty has a new DD. He bought the neighbors F150. It can be partially seen in the background of this boat pic:

It is a nice truck. Well maintained, with the almost indestructible 300ci inline six engine. I think his time spent with Chester (his Chevy Diesel) spoiled him to the comforts of A/C and roll up windows.

He hopes to fix up the Jeep this winter... I'll believe it when I see it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts