Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to be rebuilding the rear end .. or well.. a new/used rear end to swap into my 91 Rodeo :).. here is some pics of my work area and the rear end ill be throwing in (the rear end is the same 4.30 gear rear end). I will update as I work on my beast. should hopefully have the rear end done this weekend im hoping. also here is some more pics of my beast. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 9bfbca3469

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
she looks in good shape! nothing like a home made paint booth! :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finished rebuiding my rear end today :) yay... turns out didnt need to swap rear ends.. just needed the axles from the rear end i paid 290 for from the wrecking yard lol... but got new outer bearings and the seals.. inner bearings were good..

so I now have a rear end for sale if anyone is interested.. its complete.. has everything BUT one drum.. it is 4.30 gearing, Also while taking out the axles one of the gears popped out so that will need to be put back in.. still really good shape inside the diff everything looks good, will throw in my old axles, take a look at em if u want em take em.. just dont need em. but still got the c clips.. the bolts.. blah blah.. make me a good offer....

as i was doing this by myself and in one day with 2 trips to the parts store... i took some pics.. so here is the pics i did take.. sorry didn't take more.

and here is a pic of the rear end and the axles for sale... will post ad for it in for sale section. oh and ya one side is cleaner than the other because i was in the process of cleaning up the rear end.. and then found out didn't need to swap rear ends lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Metal88 said:
she looks in good shape! nothing like a home made paint booth! :)
and lol haha.. funny thing is.. if u look at the pics from my fb.. i actually just painted it recently OUTSIDE... youd think this tarp idea woulda clicked for that little project lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got all new brakes put on.. and then boom.. wheel cylinder decides to blow.. so went to town and got all brand new ones :)... still cant get drain/fill plug out on diff so am about to start drilling it out.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Thank gawd I have disc all the way around. I had to rebuild the drums on my Volvo 740GLE, and swore I would never touch another drum brake again. Then I found the Trooper, and the rest is history!

Looking good man... keep it up.

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks :).. yeah.. its been a pain in the arse.. but finally done with it.. now just got to bleed em.. still cant fire my beast up :(.. not till i drill out the drain/fill plug.. ugh.. kinda making me wonder how the shop exchanged my fluid if i cant even get my plug out?... i think they went in through the top and my actual fluid never got changed.. i may have to complain. cuz as u can see that fluid was pretty darn dirty and the fluid should be brand new.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i have a trooper, so i'm asking this question just out of curiosity. is it possible to swap over to disc brakes on the 90-91 rodeo? or was it offered as an option?

cheers, john

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
govno90:....... no clue.. but im sure someone around this awesome place would know......

and ladies n gentleman... the end is here... 2 pics to post then one more for tomorrow :)...

here is my blown cylinder..

and here is my beast finally with shoes :)

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
GREAT! but its missing some mud :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Metal88 said:
GREAT! but its missing some mud :)
oh it'll get there :) lol. mud will be on my beast.. I gotta test the rear end ya know lol..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well here is the pics of why im calling the "shop" that did my rear diff fluid and complaining that they didnt actually do it like they said they did... mainly for:

1. if u look at the pics above.. the fluid was way to dirty to have been changed... the truck had been sitting and barely moving since the day the fluid got changed... and

2..... just look at this.

might just be me.. buutt.. if i had to drill and chisel the drain plug out of the rear end and as dirty as the fluid was.... ummm.. prettysure they didnt even take the plug out either......

also just had to show this pic... i did my plugs and oil change today and just had to show that the bottle matched my truck :) lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts