Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm missing a skidplate does anyone have a pic of their underside so I can compare, and also where would I buy a replacement?

·
Registered
267 Posts
There's only 1 full skid plate, its up front. Under the motor. But there are several cross members under the truck for support, but no other actual plates than the one up front.

I can take some pictures if you need me too, hope that helps.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought there was something over the Tranny area, looks like there are some holes for bolts/nuts to go in

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'll go take a quick photo of mine in that area. Give me 5 min.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully Im not missing anything.....just seem to remember it being different before I had the tranny rebuilt.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think so, kinda hard to make out in such a big pic, but I believe so, I have the front skidplate, and then also Im guessing its just a heat sheild on the exhaust right by the ypipe connection to the rear exhuast pipe

·
Registered
267 Posts
Press alt + "-" key will zoom out so you can see the whole thing. alt + "0" will take it back to standard size.

·
Registered
877 Posts
If they forgot to put your transmission crossmember back on, then your tranny is not being supported properly which could cause problems.

·
Registered
407 Posts
V6 models have an extra skid plate the 4 cylinders do not have. Both have the front and transfercase skid plates but the V6 has a long skinny skid plate that attaches to the front skid plate and runs under the engine and I think attaches to the rear cross member.

·
Registered
602 Posts
buffy said:
V6 models have an extra skid plate the 4 cylinders do not have. Both have the front and transfercase skid plates but the V6 has a long skinny skid plate that attaches to the front skid plate and runs under the engine and I think attaches to the rear cross member.
Negative

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Some 2001+ rodeos and amigo/rodeo sports had one that went from the front plate, under the engine and attached to cross member under the engine. They tend to disappear because people get tired of removing them to change oil. My '99 never had one but I know Mikes '01 has it. His fell off a while back and it took months to find another one. All the ones in the salvage yards seem to be missing. You can tell if yours is supposed to have it because there will be a spot on the front cross member to attach it to.

Dont know what skid plates are supposed to be on an auto tranny. On my 5 speed there is one bolted to the t-case which seems to me it just serves to break the t-case housing if you hit it hard enough.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I have had a 2002 Rodeo and a 2004 Axiom. Both vehicle are equipped with 3 stock skid plates:

1) Large front one;
2) Smaller "oil pan" skid plate;
3) Transfer case skid plate.

On the Axiom, I installed a fourth skid plate, a large custom skid plate, protecting the whole transmission area.

There is also a stock protective metal piece at the exhaust tube, but I am not sure that it qualifies as a "skid plate".

As far as I remember, I saw the underpinnings of the earlier Rodeos, and my memory tells me that there were the mount points for the "oil pan" skid plate, but the skid plate itself was missing. I guess you can easily get the missing skid plate at a junk yard or at the dealer, and bolt it on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.