Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When your front wipers are going and you turn off the ignition switch do your wipers stop where they are or continue until they are in the normal off position?

My front ones stop where they are. I dont know about the rear one because it doesnt work, need to replace the relay.

I only ask because I was checking my rear one to make sure it was the relay and not the motor and read in the haynes manual that they are supposed to keep going to the normal off position when the key is turned off. Haynes could be wrong though, its happened before.

As a side note while I was checking the rear one it sudenly started going, but wouldnt stop. Cant hear the relay click anymore either so I guess the contacts managed to finally work just enough to weld themselves together. Had to unplug the motor for now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The windshield wipers should stop mid-swipe if you turn off the ignition. I am not sure about the rear one, I'll check next time I go out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.