Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing in concrete yet. Need a stand alone list though. Shooter wants one.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
DO WANT :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Where did these fender flairs come from?? Same people we are talking about manufacturing the hood scoop??

Ditto on that, any info on those fender flairs? I did a search on that JIP in the rear window but couldn't really find anything.

Smiley, I haven't heard anything from Daniel for a couple of years. I know he made those fiberglass fender flairs, but then really didn't have anybody buying (that I know of) so I don't know if that pushed him away from the community or what. I think he had some personal issues going on as well...... :?

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I would take one if the price was right. Otherwise I would make my own.

Edit: I'm 100% locked in and ready for purchase.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'm in

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'm in

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
svs said:
It's gotta depend on how many want one...

Thus the need for a list... The more that want it the less it costs?

Makes sense...
true ill take one

·
Registered
734 Posts
put me down!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Where did these fender flairs come from?? Same people we are talking about manufacturing the hood scoop??

Ditto on that, any info on those fender flairs? I did a search on that JIP in the rear window but couldn't really find anything.

Smiley, I haven't heard anything from Daniel for a couple of years. I know he made those fiberglass fender flairs, but then really didn't have anybody buying (that I know of) so I don't know if that pushed him away from the community or what. I think he had some personal issues going on as well...... :?

Cheers,

·
Registered
480 Posts
As long as it is under $100 bucks I am all in. That would look sweet sitting on my TrooperUP

·
Registered
163 Posts
If around $100 bucks, and is removable...as in if I get a new trooper, I can take it off and put on another one...COunt me in!

Also, Will this be a functional hood? Or just for cosmetics?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
True SVS, but wanting one without regard to price is risky as well. Seems there needs to be a ball park, such as if we build 50 the cost will be approximately X amount, if we build 20 the price is obviously higher, etc.
At $20.00 (unrealistic) they'd sell like popcorn, at $300.00 probably not so much. :) I think a number of members will be reluctant to commit without a ball park price.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
from other thread:

I already asked one fiber glass shop for an estimate. To give you guys an idea of the pricing here, the mold and initial copy would cost about US$119. Succeeding copies would be US$32.50 each. That's at 46.50 Phil Pesos exchange rate.
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=37410

There's the ballpark guys. Someone has already done the leg work here.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No commitments here. Just trying to get a ballpark figure so that Chris or whoever has some numbers to work with which will impact the production cost. Hopefully, we'll get a price, plus shipping, which will reflect 5-10 items= X. 11-20 items equal a lesser amount. Blah, blaah, blah.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RustyZu said:
If around $100 bucks, and is removable...as in if I get a new trooper, I can take it off and put on another one...COunt me in!

Also, Will this be a functional hood? Or just for cosmetics?
Functionality: If you cut a hole in the hood, it will obviously catch air at speed and I have no clue as to its affect on cooling, etc. If you're talking along the lines of induction on either a carb or fuelie, that would require additional mods and I haven't a clue as to any possible benefits. Primarily for aesthetics.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Of course, heck yeah I want one. :D

Leland

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.