Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Recently got the trooper back from the shop for a transmission service but they ended by switching the ignition since they caused a misfire and transmission was not switching gears (asked this on another thread). They fixed it and trans is working fine now but the side mirrors, stereo and the clock are not working. Checked the fuses but all are ok. All other electrical stuff is working good (windows, door locks, sunroof, wipers). Wondering if anyone has had a related problem before and what else I've missed to check.

Thanks.

Have 99 trooper 3.5

·
Registered
12,447 Posts
The Audio system, Power Mirrors and Clock are all on the same circuit. Remove fuse C-11 and test it with an ohm meter. If the fuse is OK, see if +12 Vdc is supplied to the C-11 fuse socket with the Ignition Switch in the Run or ACC position using a voltmeter.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buster28 said:
The Audio system, Power Mirrors and Clock are all on the same circuit. Remove fuse C-11 and test it with an ohm meter. If the fuse is OK, see if +12 Vdc is supplied to the C-11 fuse socket with the Ignition Switch in the Run or ACC position using a voltmeter.
Thanks. The first time, I checked this fuse and fuse was blown. I replaced it, but nothing happened. Yesterday I went and checked again this fuse and was blown again, not really sure why.
Shop guy told me there were some wires being in a socket position to another fuse but I didn't know to which ones. Maybe this socket is not getting power.

·
Registered
12,447 Posts
If you increase the size of the fuse by 100% the wiring will likely become the fuse. You may cause a fire and burn your truck to the ground. Installing a larger fuse is not the solution to the problem.

·
Registered
275 Posts
And what if instead of using a 10A fuse I use a 20A or higher?
As Mr. Buster28 said, you could wind up with a large pile of carbon footprint where your Trooper used to be. I would also want
to know if you have an aftermarket stereo. I've had to redo many a DIY wiring install that was a disaster waiting to happen.

You said a shop tech mentioned wire(s) stuck in a fuse socket... I'd be checking that first. If the wire's just stuck into a fuse
blade slot without using a piggyback connector, that's asking for trouble. Power wires to most aftermarket units are usually
colored red for the 12-volt switched (goes on/off with the key) and yellow for B+ (12-volts hot all the time) Black is ground.

Look for bad splices, bare wires, loose connector on the unit, etc. for openers. Good luck and keep us posted!

Reactions: diynerd
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.