Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 axiom. When I accelerate and cruise steady between 1000 and 2000 RPMs I have a shudder. I've changed the plugs and the coils seem to be good. I'm going to change the fuel filter tomorrow. I'm going to seafoam the intake. Any body ever experienced this? And do you have any suggestions

·
Registered
595 Posts
you have the notorious 4l30e transmission, could be a trans shudder

·
Registered
964 Posts
Typically it's a bearing inside the transmission going bad if it's indeed a trans shutter.

·
Registered
957 Posts
If it is an engine shutter, I would not dismiss a coil issue. I had a bad one and it did not throw a code. I had the same symptoms.

·
Registered
48 Posts
going through that now. Mine is def a tranny problem. Flush, flush and flush but there is a specific way of draining the tranny and a $50 dollar flush bill everytime. I have done mine 3 times and used Lucas stop slip each time but in the end too much Lucas changed all the viscocities and flow and strain the pump. sooo imo flush..a complete flush and 1 lucas stop slip will, should, maybe get ya down the road a few more months. Also babying it helps. But if you got the coin...get a rebuilt tranny

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does yours also shift with no problem? For mine it shifts with no problem doesn't slip. I've changed the fuel filter and checked the injectors. I just cleaned the intake manifold. Still does it. I hope it's not the tranny I definitely don't have the money to have it rebuilt or a new one. I will do a flush sometime next weekend I will let y'all know how it works.

·
Registered
771 Posts
My 2000 Trooper makes an audible shutter sound when under load like going up a slight hill.
Enough to put it under some load.
When the transmission down shifts, the sound goes away.
Been that way ever since I had the Transmission rebuilt ... over 30K miles ago.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have no experience with the axion but i do own a rodeo, have had sinilar problems. it was not the tranny at all. loose bolts, u-joints, mid bearings, or your torque converter may be going bad. jack the rear end up and see if there is a change. i may help you to rule out or confirm a more serious problem

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have no experience with the axion but i do own a rodeo, have had sinilar problems. it was not the tranny at all. loose bolts, u-joints, mid bearings, or your torque converter may be going bad. jack the rear end up and see if there is a change. i may help you to rule out or confirm a more serious problem
It doesn't Happen all the time. Only when engine is at running temp and been driving for a while. I've looked at all the bolts and they seem tight. It also does it in neutral and park. The rpms will dip down a few hundreds. Not enough to stall it. I will see if I can get a video of it and post it

·
Registered
20 Posts
if it does it in park and neutral would not think it could be the trans, nothing is moving in trans. have tried to code it, if it does search common codes for the 2002 axion. net should show you some results. ill check right quick, be back in a min.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i found a couple codes that is possible, here goes, p1115 ect sensor, p1121 circuit intermittent voltage regulator/sensor, hope this helps but code it and search 2002 isuzu axiom codes maybe it will help, found no comlaints with this problem reported but that holds no merit, you still are having the problem, good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i found a couple codes that is possible, here goes, p1115 ect sensor, p1121 circuit intermittent voltage regulator/sensor, hope this helps but code it and search 2002 isuzu axiom codes maybe it will help, found no comlaints with this problem reported but that holds no merit, you still are having the problem, good luck.
Thank you I have a friend at advanced auto ill ask her to run it for me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts