Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Isuzu Trooper. It had ranchos 5000 on it when i bought it. i found them to be really stiff and when i go over a bump or a irregular road at more than 25 mph everything rattles inside the vehicle. I am in the market for new shock and i was wondering if you guys know a good brand of shocks that will improve the ride. i have brand news Bf Goodrich All Terrain on it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put KYB shocks on my Rodeo. I think they offer a softer ride, more like the stock shocks. Personally, I would like them to be a slight bit firmer up front and I may swap them for Bilstiens. They are cheap though so you might give them a try.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I highly recommend Tokico Trekmaster R/T shocks.

http://www.tokicogasshocks.com/truck/trekmaster.html

They work great on and off road. On road, takes the harshness & body lean out of the ride. My wife loves them...she uses the Trooper for commuter duty - and we have a lot of speed bumps in my neighborhood. Off road, no more wallowing, bottoming out, etc. Handles moderate Colorado trails with no problems. Note, they feel a bit stiff when first installed, then get broken in around 1k to nice ride.

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey Trooper dude and all

I just got my Tokico R/t put in yesterday. according to the accompanying documentation they highly reccommend not over tighten the locking bolt on the top connecting center rod to the frame, the rod should stick out on top about half a cm above the locking bolt but i just looked at mine after i got home from the installer shop the rod stick out about 2 inches over the locking bolt at the front shocks! did the installer goofed?!?!! how does yours look???! m gonna go losening it up this friday when i have the time... or shouldnt i????

Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
143 Posts
I decided to try some FabTech 3-position shocks. They were only 35.00 each and were recommended by 4WheelParts because of the adjustability. The 3 positions are:
1 - Street / Light Off-Road use
2 - Moderate Off Road use
3 - Heavy Off-Road use

Mine are set on #1 position and are still new and a little stiff but like the previous post, they are supposed to soften up after 1K.

part # FTS9330

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
i am in the same market, i have been dreaming and pricing out the rancho 9000s with the in cab comtroller, but unless my last name is trump, it ain't happening. what are my best options for a suspension job on the rodeo?
also, if i plan to put the trooper coils and torion bar lift in this summer, do i need to take that into consideration when i buy the suspension? or is it so small it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
143 Posts
the trooper coils will only give about 1" - 1 1/2" so you would probably be OK with the stock shocks. Any more (912-929 OME's, spacers or Valley coils) and you will need longer shocks.

here's what I did....click link below
http://www.4x4wire.com/isuzu/tech/amigolift/

or darlington / independent4x
http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/#faq19

hint :!: don't waste your $$ on the Calmini kit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
dam look like it just got off the assembly line! sweet! :D

btw the tokico R/T is soooo stiff i feel like a concussion goin over bumps :shock: lol but they do make the car corner better

·
Registered
143 Posts
Allen said:
Rondi, how do you keep your undercarriage so clean? That car seems to be right off the show room.
Before doing the BodyLift, I hit the underneath real good at the HighPressure Car Wash. Then while it was up in the air I went to town with a gloss black spray can. My objective was to try to hide as much as possible, because after a bodylift the whole undercarriage is exposed. .....It worked - It actually looks good now instead of ugly.
'till the first mudpuddle :x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.