Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to Indy4x about the lift products for the Rodeo. I am going to be putting lift shackles on the truck and need to replace the shocks. I have a gift certificate that we got for xmas this year for a place locally here in town that we thought would have stuff for my husbands GMC 3/4ton but there was nothing there he wanted so we have held onto it. Since they sell shocks we were going to try and use it for these so we dont have to pay for them.

I was asking the Indy4x guy to get the part numbers for the shocks for the 1.5" lift and the 3" lift so that I could get the extension/compression lengths and see what this local place had that would work for me. He wouldnt give me the part numbers or the extension/compression lengths so can anyone on here tell me what they used?

Thanks

Amanda

·
Registered
3,584 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess my question to that chart would be are the Skyjackers listed on there (PN N8052 and N8055) be the ones that Indy4x is giving with the 1.5" or 3" kits. This seems a little strange since they are not that much better with respect to the extension/compression lengths than the monroe's which are listed for a stock height vehicle.

As of this moment I am sitting at a shock height of 14.5" so the Skyjackers listed above would only give me about an inch worth of down travel. It would be worse if I lifted anymore.

I wanted to see what they were giving because I know that they know what they are doing but they told me that they dont give out part numbers because it took a lot of research to figure this out. I dont want to spend a lot of money on the shocks and not get what I need/want.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
97RodeoGirl said:
I guess my question to that chart would be are the Skyjackers listed on there (PN N8052 and N8055) be the ones that Indy4x is giving with the 1.5" or 3" kits. This seems a little strange since they are not that much better with respect to the extension/compression lengths than the monroe's which are listed for a stock height vehicle.

As of this moment I am sitting at a shock height of 14.5" so the Skyjackers listed above would only give me about an inch worth of down travel. It would be worse if I lifted anymore.

I wanted to see what they were giving because I know that they know what they are doing but they told me that they dont give out part numbers because it took a lot of research to figure this out. I dont want to spend a lot of money on the shocks and not get what I need/want.
you are saying that when measuring from the top mount(at the flange) on the shock to the bottom mount(Center of bolt) you get 14.5"? that doesn't seem correct... are we talking about the front or rear with 14.5?

Do realize that when the shock moves 1 inch the tire moves more than 1 inch because of the shock location on the arm.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I am measuring from the top mount to the center of the circular mount on the bottom. We cranked the torsions bars 8 turns or 2". Before cranking the torsion bars the shocks were sitting at 13.5". When we cranked the Tbars 4 turns or 1" the shock length went to 14". When we cranked the Tbars a total of 8 turns or 2" the shock length went to 14 5/8"

These measurements are taken while sitting on "level" ground.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
You don't really need longer shocks on the front, just the rear.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
RamAirZ said:
You don't really need longer shocks on the front, just the rear.
depends on what you already have installed... My kyb were too short for these long arm trucks and the lo-pro bumps.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
true but if your not bottoming/extending out the ones you have now then you don't need anything longer. I ran the stock length Skyjackers on my '97 up front with 4"+ of lift and no issues.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
^^ TRUTH

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not really sure what to think anymore. My issue is that currently my extension length is 15 5/8. That is when I hit the bump stop and the shock is not being bottomed out but I know that it is close to it. If the shock sits on level ground at 14 5/8" that only allows for 1" of down travel which isnt much. On top of that I am planning on putting the lower profile bump stops on and I dont want to bottom out the shock. I have to put new shocks on this thing because they are in terrible shape right now. I am not just replacing them because I want to. Therefore since all 4 of them have to be replaced I want to make sure I buy the right thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts