Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 trooper LS and the previous owner kept very good service records so I know this part has been replaced before. This tells me it may be a common problem. The part I need but Isuzu says is NLA is the bushing on the end of the manual transmission shift stick. It is wore out and slides up on the shift stick causing shifter to be loose and sloppy and possibly not shifting fully into gear.The isuzu part # is 8-94442-009-0. Any ideas? Will a GM one possibly fit?

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
yeah i got a sloppy shifter too, i changed the pivot bushing and its better but i think my whole quadrant box is worn :( anyway, a whole new shifter is 200.00 it LOOKS like a Rodeo or pickup will fit to as the quad box is the same, as well as the trans. I have a 2.6L 2wd trans on my 3.2L V6 powered pickup, just swapped the bellhousing :) (thanks to Jerry for the info and Lorenzo for the bellhousing)...anyway....try a salvage yard. Also see if Jerry Lemond can get you the part. hes been KNOWN to do Guru miracles before....and he has been able to get the shifter boots for the shifters separately by using older part numbers. give him a shout but not sure if hes back to work after his back surgery so be patient. welcome to the site also!!!
Ron

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
I'll sell you one for $900...comes with a free Trooper! :wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the Info. unfortunatly I havent had any luck finding isuzus in scrap yards around here. I'm in north texas and Ford Chevy and Jeep is the norm. around here. If anyone has Isuzus they park them behind the house and bury them when dead LOL. and BigSwede thanks but I dont need another I do love mine though. I appreciate the input I'v been reading this site for a long time and got a lot of good Info. off of it. I think I'll ponder on this for a while longer as I dont need the Zu back together immediatly. I may try to travel farther to find a larger pick n pull. I found a shifter used on e-bay but am affraid part may be in just as bad of condition as mine so I hate to buy a used one sight unseen.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
matt92trooper said:
Ok thanks for the Info. unfortunatly I havent had any luck finding isuzus in scrap yards around here. I'm in north texas and Ford Chevy and Jeep is the norm. around here. If anyone has Isuzus they park them behind the house and bury them when dead LOL. and BigSwede thanks but I dont need another I do love mine though. I appreciate the input I'v been reading this site for a long time and got a lot of good Info. off of it. I think I'll ponder on this for a while longer as I dont need the Zu back together immediatly. I may try to travel farther to find a larger pick n pull. I found a shifter used on e-bay but am affraid part may be in just as bad of condition as mine so I hate to buy a used one sight unseen.
I HAVE THOSE LITTLE BUSHING THAT SNAP ONTO THE BOTTOM OF THE SHIFT LEVER , THEY HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED FOR A LONG TIME SO I HAD THEM RE MADE 8.00 EACH INCLUDING THE POSTAGE JERRY

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
JERRY PUT ME DOWN FOR 3, I HAVE TO ORDER SOME PARTS LATER ON FROM YOU BUT IF YOU HAVE 3 TO SPARE, PUT THEM TO THE SIDE FOR ME. IM STARTING FRESH WITH THE 3 TRUCKS I HAVE HERE NOW WITH 5 SPDS.
THANKS
RON

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
lowzone said:
JERRY PUT ME DOWN FOR 3, I HAVE TO ORDER SOME PARTS LATER ON FROM YOU BUT IF YOU HAVE 3 TO SPARE, PUT THEM TO THE SIDE FOR ME. IM STARTING FRESH WITH THE 3 TRUCKS I HAVE HERE NOW WITH 5 SPDS.
THANKS
RON
WILL DO RON/

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
matt92trooper said:
Got the part from Jerry Lemons and installed it last night, worked perfect. Thanks Jerrry!
GREAT , AMAZING HOW THAT LITTLE PIECE OF PLASTIC WILL MAKE THE MUA SHIFT LIKE A NEW TRANS ,, JERRY

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Are these bushings in all MUA5's Jerry?? Mine has 252k on it and feels like brand new but I know my MUA5 is a direct shift trans as well no relocation box like the rodeos

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
88bronzetrooper said:
Are these bushings in all MUA5's Jerry?? Mine has 252k on it and feels like brand new but I know my MUA5 is a direct shift trans as well no relocation box like the rodeos
HEY DYLAN, YOURS DOESNT HAVE THE LITTLE BALL ON THE END OF THE SHIFT LEVER ONLY THE REMOTE /SET BACK LEVERS HAVE THEM , THE LATER TROOPER USED THEM AND THE PICKUPS AND RODEOS, AND A FEW AMIEGOS, HAD THEM THE ONES LIKE YOURS ARE STEEL TANGS ON THE END THAT LAST ABOUT FOR EVER JERRY

·
Registered
3 Posts
JLEMOND said:
matt92trooper said:
I HAVE THOSE LITTLE BUSHING THAT SNAP ONTO THE BOTTOM OF THE SHIFT LEVER , THEY HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED FOR A LONG TIME SO I HAD THEM RE MADE 8.00 EACH INCLUDING THE POSTAGE JERRY
I need a bushing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts