Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Isuzu Trooper
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured it was about time I stopped lurking. I bought this Trooper back in fall 2020 when I wanted something more sturdy after hydroplaning my last car (RIP the Tiburon). '99 model with 87k on the ODO and no major issues for under $5k, couldn't refuse a deal like that! Bone stock for now (minus the stereo system I ripped from my old car) since I'm a broke college student but I have plans for it in the future. I've had no issues so far and she definitely lives up to her name.
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Car

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Wow, low miles! I bought a 2000 this last summer and had to do a ton of repair. But it is all good now. Monitor your oil usage until you get a feel for it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
What a great find! Like Hess said keep a close eye on the oil level, those engines had a issue w oil consumption.

·
Registered
'99 Isuzu Trooper
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, low miles! I bought a 2000 this last summer and had to do a ton of repair. But it is all good now. Monitor your oil usage until you get a feel for it.
What a great find! Like Hess said keep a close eye on the oil level, those engines had a issue w oil consumption.
Yep, it sure does drink oil like a 2 stroke, at first about a quart every 500 miles. Luckily I did my research before buying and now have a process to keep it in check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts