Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
that looks about as bad as when my brother wrecked my 80 pickup. probly all you need is a new fender and hood and some strightening of the sub frame (looks like you already did that) and youll be back in business. Isuzu frames are realy stout, my wreck was a 60mph deal and they say my frame was barley tweaked but its nothing i have ever noticed.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well, the weather has been nice here so there was more tearing down this weekend. Most of the damaged parts are off, he is holding out tearing anything else off until we get the parts.

Called a salvage yard that has nothing but Imports and after warning the guy that we may be on the line a little while (I had a long list), he has everything I need. The bumper and grill will have to be ordered. I think the guy may have remembered me from when I had mine there before. (he asked "What did you do? and after telling him, he replied "Well, glad to hear that it is worth rebuilding, we'll help you out here" ) I had a wonderful conversation with the guy and he actually made it enjoyable. I will buy everything there.

Also called the Isuzu dealer. I don't know if the guy just didn't want to talk or if he just didn't want to deal with a female, but no matter what I said, it seemed like he wanted to argue. I ended up thanking him for his "help" and called the salvage yard. I got all my answers there without any argument.

One question I have for you. Should I look into trying to get a whole front clip? I will have an extra fender, but that can hang from the rafters or be put in the classifieds. Is this something to consider?

Will update pics this afternoon of the continuing teardown.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
When you say "the ISUZU (st)dealer", do you mean your local ISUZU (st)dealer?

If so, then I would highly recommend St. Charles ISUZU in MO for any specific needs. Merlin is the ISUZU parts guru and is always helpful.
http://isuzu.stcharlesauto.com/Department-Parts.aspx

Also, Joe Darlington seems to be able to grow Rodeo parts, give him a call as well he might know of some parts sources.
http://www.darlington-offroad.com

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes, sorry I wasn't clearer. It is the only dealer around here. It always seems like a hassle when you call them.

I will check those two next time. Thank you.

Forgot to get the pics yesterday(nasty weather here)...will post this afternoon.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts