Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures of the wreck. Actually looks a lot better than I thought it did. My heart is just a little bit lighter.

You can't see it in the pics, but the windshield is broke above the rear view mirror and that mirror is busted. They say it looks like a head shot, but I am entirely too short to have hit that mirror.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y160/sgtboots2002

·
Registered
808 Posts
Good luck getting it back together!!!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You should edit your post. Passwords aren't necessary to view your pictures.

Some good looking dogs you have :) Looks like you've got some work ahead of you.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yikes! What did you hit, or what hit you? :cry:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info on the passwords.

The dogs that you see are "some"of my dads. There are 10 of them there but I don't know if I have all of them in pics yet. I was "babysitting" that day. The white stuff you see on the walls behind Bandit (the dog with the brown spot in his eye) is aluminum siding-they decided they didn't like the drywall and redecorated. We have one, but not part of his "pack".

I hit another truck-hardly any damage to it though.

We have already found the metal parts for it from a salvage yard-under $200, and black too! Once he starts tearing it down, we will see what else we are going to need. Think I will hold out til after winter for paint though-no sense in painting it now.

I am just happy to have her home. I didn't really want anything else.

Will post pictures of progress. It may take a while, deer season started here 2 weeks ago and he has to hunt!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tore off the crinkled metal today. Pics have been added.

It started right up (after switching batteries with the 95-mine is busted) so that made me really happy! Sounds just the same. :D :D

Things will probably slow down a bit now-he is working 11 hour days.

No, I won't be doing anything to it-wouldn't know where to begin. :shock:

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
It is an amazing amount of damage, even the mirror, for the other truck to have hardly any damage. Must have been the angle that you hit?

It is really good news that she starte right up and that you have already loocated the replacement parts. I'm sure that he knows this, but don't forget to remind Kenny to check the frame before he starts bolting on the "new" parts. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, from the people I talked to (questioning mostly about the airbags) they keep looking at the "angle". Weird huh?

The frame is good, already had that checked-nice to know people.

I just can't figure out that mirror. My head hit the steering wheel (yes, seatbelt was on), but there is no way I hit the mirror. We figure that with me being short, and having the seat all the way up, I sit entirely too close to the steering wheel. But, if I don't, I can't reach the pedals. Something to ponder I guess.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here's an idea: Rip off all of the bent sheet metal and make sure the suspension components are 'relatively' straight, then hook up the 10 dogs to the front of the truck and have a stylin' Isuzu snow sled. Because of the lower top speed the terrible front end wobble from the bent parts will barely be noticeable. :D

Just kidding. Glad you are ok.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL Good idea, won't work. Dogs are too lazy! Dad tried getting a ride to the mailbox, they just stood there and looked at him like he was nuts.

That would make some picture though, 10 black & white huskies (adding mine in) and the red one in the lead, pulling a black & silver ZU!

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Even if you could get it running, I'll bet that 10 dog-powered Zu would be a lot more expensive to run than a standard gas powered Rodeo. :lol:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$200 month food/$80 month gas

I will take the gas powered.

Those dogs aren't dumb. I took one to the dentist, he just laid on the back seat like a king. He knew that Rodeo was his "chariot".

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
I was looking at that photo of the windshield & rear view mirror, and I’m wondering…
Did your right wrist, forearm, or elbow sustain any injuries? â€" Maybe even just a scratch or a bruise?

It’s just a thought, but given the speed at which things take place during a collision, it’s entirely possible that your arm might have made the trip out to the windshield and back, without you even knowing it.

Once again, I’m very relieved that you’re alright…
Hopefully your Rodeo will soon be convalescing nicely too! 8)

Cheers!
Smiley

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Smiley-NOTHING. No scratches, bruises, nicks-nothing.

I just don't see my arm going up there.

Would you believe I wasn't even doing 30 mph when that happened?

Thanks, we are both recovering nicely. I am still a little stiff turning my neck, but give it another week, I will be fine. :wink:

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I have a theory about the broken windshield.

There was a second shooter on the grassy hill....

Oh, nevermind. I think you had something in the back seat or in the front seat that came up and hit. Just my thoughts.

Joe

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL Well Joe, you mention about something flying up....you know I use my 4wd gear shift as a pocket (the leather). There was probably something laying in there-phone cord? that could have flown up. Never thought of that.

So we will go with that, something laying in there (only thing on the back seat was a blanket, nothing on front) or the second shooter.

(personally I think it was the latter, but I didn't want to stir up any conspiracies!)

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Oh my God! Is there really some crazed hunter in PA mistaking Rodeos for deer? I didn't even think that the season had started when the accident occurred.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Deer season is in Oct 1 here (archery). Will run all the way through Jan. (archery, muzzleoader, rifle, muzzleoader, archery)

The more I look at it, it sorta kinda maybe looks like a deer?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts