Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in the shop manual that you are supposed to unplug the VSV (I think - dont have the manual here). I believe this is the white plug on the passenger side that controls the solenoid with all the vacuum lines? If not this one, is it the white plug on the driver side that controls the solenoid for the air pump? I assume that this is disconnected to prevent additional air from being let into the engine to affect the idle? Some help here please ....

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
And this is referring to a 2.3, 2.6, 2.8, 3.1, 3.2, or 3.5?

A quick line in your signature would be helpful....

Thanks for your time!

GB :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1988 Trooper II, 2.6. Keep forgetting to add all that for some reason, probably because my other posts started out with all that listed.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
fibersport said:
1988 Trooper II, 2.6. Keep forgetting to add all that for some reason, probably because my other posts started out with all that listed.
I've actually never checked what the shop manual says about this but I always just got the engine to full operating temp and turned the screw on the TB until I got to the idle I desired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.