Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 12 years and 4 Isuzus, I have crossed over to the dark side and bought a Heep. I know, I know....

This is your gain though, because I am cleaning out my garage of Isuzu stuff.

Set of 5 18" V-Cross Rims with Maxxis Mudder Buckshot Tires - $350 OBO

The good - I have 5 rims, so you have one for the spare.
They come with Maxxis Mudder Buckshot tires mounted on them 275/65/R18 (~32") - these tires run ~$200 each all day long and they should fit under your stock setup if they have to.
4 of the tires have roughly 10,000 miles on them are in good shape. The spare has more I want to say ~ 40,000 on it as it came from the previous set on the truck
I also have two extra center caps if you want to test refinishing them or something.

The Bad - I have 4 standard finish rims, and one is polished, that I was using for a spare.
One of the standard rims is damaged, as seen if the pictures. If you are off-roading these, I would just run them and not even worry about it. If it bothers you, switch it out for the spare rim. That might include refinishing the rim to match though. I know it is a pain, and I think my price has accounted for that.

All in all I think these look sick on almost any Isuzu and certainly set the truck off. I priced them for a quick sale and they can be picked up in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago. I don't want to ship these things, but if they sit for a long time I might change my mind.

I am offering them up here before I go to craigslist and try to push them. I would like to see them used by a planet member.

any questions or additional picture requests just ask, or you can PM me here or email at mike at funonthefox dot com.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The bolt pattern is standard Isuzu 6 x 6.5 - I had these on my trooper, but I am sure they would fit just about any model.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought I would throw a picture up of the truck with these rims on it. This is the previous set of tires though.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
ive never seen 18" VX rims not chrome. were they stripped and coated/painted or factory????? i know Isuzu had peeling issues in the salt belt with those rims. ive had a few sets that peeled. anyway, if you were closer it would be a done deal...but im in NJ and shipping...well....$$$$$$$$$$ free bump!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lowzone said:
ive never seen 18" VX rims not chrome. were they stripped and coated/painted or factory????? i know Isuzu had peeling issues in the salt belt with those rims. ive had a few sets that peeled. anyway, if you were closer it would be a done deal...but im in NJ and shipping...well....$$$$$$$$$$ free bump!!
They were never stripper and painted. I bought them as new-old stock and had the option of getting the chrome ones also. They wanted $25 more per rim for the chrome finish and I couldn't justify the additional $100 let alone didn't want the 'bling'. As far as I know that is the "factory" finish.

When I went back later looking for a 5th spare though they were out and everywhere I looked I could only find the the chrome rim. hence the spare being different.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
still got these - lowered the price.

You don't really want some guy buying these for his Chevy S10 do you?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nfpgasmask said:
lowzone said:
ive never seen 18" VX rims not chrome.
Yeah, curious about that as well. The 18"s were all chromed as far as I know.

Bart
I ordered them from a supplier on ebay, probably 7 or 8 years ago, and had my choice of finishes. I paid $125 each for them and the chrome was an additional $25. They were new in box when I got them, not sure what else to say.

My impression was that he had a ton of these rims left, but wouldn't move on the price when I called to try and haggle with him.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Crash said:
Still have these tires and rims?....
yep, still got em. I have had a couple people contact me, but no one has showed up to look at them yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts