Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I hate to do this, but I'm afraid it's time I sell my Trooper. :cry:

The Good:
It's a 2000 Trooper LS, black body and bumpers.
TOD 4x4.
107,xxx miles.
3" OME lift, 33" tires with plenty of life (>75%) left. Full size, matching spare tire.
Battery replaced less than a year ago.
Immaculate tan cloth interior. I've used weather mats the entire time I've owned the vehicle, so the interior looks fresh from the factory.
Premium sound system. Upgraded speakers all around and I'll throw in the subwoofer if that's something you're interested in.
RAM Grille Guard with Hella 500 lights mounted, with a switch installed on the dash.
Transmission rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago and running strong.
Tagged and Inspected until April 2012.
Power everything... Windows, both front seats, mirrors.. Heated seats and mirrors.
Huge sunroof. All electronics fully functional.
Oil changed religiously every 3,000 miles and monitored regularly.
Probably 99.9% rust-free.

The Bad:
Check Engine Light comes on intermittently for the EGR valve. It's been replaced previously and probably just needs cleaning.

The Ugly:
Like most of these Troopers, the ABS light is on.
Occasionally makes a strange sound from underneath, but it doesn't at all affect the performance. I've had 2 different mechanics look at it, and neither were able to determine the origin of the sound. You don't even notice it if you listen to music while you drive.

I'm asking $4,500 but I'll take reasonable offers. I'm listing it here before I put it on CL because I'd like to see it go to someone who'd care for it like I did.

PM me if you need any specific pictures. I'll have it in Austin now-December 15, but it'll be in Dallas after that.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
If I could, I would.

Free bump, sorry you have to sell it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Primarily because the only time I drive now is coming home from college (Austin-Dallas). That's about 220 miles each trip and the Trooper is not the most practical long-distance vehicle. Don't get me wrong, it handles the drive like a champ, but I don't need all that cargo space or the 4x4 system.

It's been a great vehicle and I'll miss it a lot.

·
Registered
928 Posts
:'( this kinda thing makes me cry, especially for a fellow '00 trooperist!
All good things must come to an end, though...
Good idea posting it here, I know I'd only feel ok about selling the trooper of it was to a planet member

Sorry to take over the thread, just had to give my condolences!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just curious...is the sound from the heat-shield around the exhaust? I had a wierd sound on my 02 trooper when accelerating (usually uphill). only thing I could pin it down to was the heat shield rattling off the exhaust pipe. also heard from a dude with a 98 amigo 4cyl that had a similar issue.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I may be interested in those Hella lights. Are they the hella 500 fogs or driving lights?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Two_squirrels said:
Just curious...is the sound from the heat-shield around the exhaust? I had a wierd sound on my 02 trooper when accelerating (usually uphill). only thing I could pin it down to was the heat shield rattling off the exhaust pipe. also heard from a dude with a 98 amigo 4cyl that had a similar issue.
Possibly. I hadn't thought of that. I'll take a look. Thank you.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Med!c said:
I may be interested in those Hella lights. Are they the hella 500 fogs or driving lights?
I figured I'd sell them with the Trooper, but I'll let you know if I change my mind. I think they're driving lights.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Goodluck with everything Peter.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
pbrooke said:
Med!c said:
I figured I'd sell them with the Trooper, but I'll let you know if I change my mind. I think they're driving lights.
I was looknig for the fogs so if they are the driving lights then you dont have to worry about it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
time for craigs list.

·
Registered
645 Posts
yeah :/ it would be nice to see it go to a planet member tho

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Is tough time of year. Is plus that snow is coming and of course 4x4 is desirable but is also up against buying the family nice Christmas stuff. Is a nice truck with some nice upgrades but may take a bit to find the right buyer. Unless you need to don't give it away as price seems to be in the range.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts