Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does the search function on this particular forum totally blow?

Example:
Search: RS
Results: No topics or posts met your search criteria

Search: 3.4L
Results: No topics or posts met your search criteria

Now I've been on here for a while, and I'm pretty sure there are a couple threads that have RS in it. Same as 3.4L engine swaps.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Alot of forums have a minimum character requirment for the search function to work. So maybe thats whats going on here? :dontknow:

Try 3.4L engine/trooper/rodeo/etc..
or RS Trooper, etc...

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Dae said:
Alot of forums have a minimum character requirment for the search function to work. So maybe thats whats going on here? :dontknow:

Try 3.4L engine/trooper/rodeo/etc..
or RS Trooper, etc...
Looks like you are correct.

:D

Unfortunately, rs trooper finds all posts with either rs or trooper in them.

You get exactly the same results using "rs trooper", and rs and trooper. The only other two ways that I know of to refine the search.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
If you'll open another tab and google site:forum.planetisuzoo.com rs or 3.4L, it works very well.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
shooter said:
If you'll open another tab and google site:forum.planetisuzoo.com rs or 3.4L, it works very well.
True.

I actually have this bookmarked on my toolbar.

http://www.google.com/search?sclient=ps ... tnG=Search

So, when I want to search for something, I click on that bookmark to open the tab. Then I add whatever it is I want to search for, to the search field.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
^^ Someone called that "counter productive", when I suggested to a member to try that. :roll:

I call it "improvising". :lol:

The search function on this site works pretty well. I can pretty much find what im looking for most of the time.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Dae said:
^^ Someone called that "counter productive", when I suggested to a member to try that. :roll:

I call it "improvising". :lol:

The search function on this site works pretty well. I can pretty much find what im looking for most of the time.
It's like a regular extension on a ratchet wrench being fine, most of the time. But sometimes you need the wobbly one.

I'd say that refusing to use one or the other, is counter productive.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Selador said:
I'd say that refusing to use one or the other, is counter productive.
Exactly!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.