Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a chronic leak from my shifter linkage on my MUA5 transmission whenever I get around 70 mph. I've verified that the transmission is venting properly, but when I hunted it down I found this seal is the culprit:

Would anyone happen to have the part number or know exactly what seal it's called so I can source one. I've tried the parts stores, but as it's an odd one they've been no help.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Try: 8-94221-533-1, a "SEAL; OIL, CONT SHAFT, QUAD BOX FLOOR REMOTE SHIFT". JLEMOND may be your only source! This pn is good for MAU5 through JULY, 2000.

Hope this helps!,

GB :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That's the seal alright. Once having the part number I was able to find it on parts breakdown, which I didn't come across this pic before: http://www.myisuzuparts.com/1991/611/2/ ... parts.html
It's item 207, definitely what I've been looking for. And luckily there are a lot of sources since some Honda Passports and Acura SLXs used the gearbox.

Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Great it worked for you! Now if I could just find the almost unobtainable "Isuzu MU hatchback style hardtop".....

Yeah I know, dream on.

GB :)

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Is the MUA5 vented at all? I thought that is why it leaked at high speeds because of the pressure build up inside?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The MUA5 is vented, I actually thought the stock vent was plugged so I pulled it and put in a vent tube. The vent is on the diagram (just forward of the shifter linkage housing). Between where it is and what was covered in oil on the transmission, when I was trying to find the leak while it was still installed I originally thought it was the vent.
Anyways, that wasn't it and the new seals (got extra if it decides to do it again) for the leak are on their way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts