Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah yeah yeah, it is an old topic, but i am canadian - its a new product to me. what type of seafoam should i get for oil consumption? and just pour it in the oil resovoir, right? if the oil filter is old does that matter?

and i promise to never mention seafoam again.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well, I went to Car Quest and picked some up just before I was going to go do an oil change. I also converted to syntheic, any way, I put have of the bottle in the engine and drove around for about 20 minutes,, something like that. I went and drained the oil out, changed filter, added new oil and that was it. I wasn't really having any oil burning problems, I just bought the Trooper and wanted to run it through it.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay, i as well went and bought a can, put in half of it, but have put about
300 km since then, is this a bad thing? i only just read about only leaving it in for twenty minutes or so, i will change my oil tomorrow. (i hope no issues ensue...) i did notice a huge difference in the drive of the truck right away.
seems like a good product. but i am terrified right now with my high milage truck
opinions?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Red Beard:

For those of us south of your border, that's about 185 miles with an oil thinning chemical.

I would drain & refill now with a new filter and oil suited to your climate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.