Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of doing a mild SAS on my ‘91 Trooper. I am going tomorrow to look at a Wagoner front axle, but don’t know yet what year it is from (or even if it is a 44). The same person also has a number of Scout II’s. Has anyone used a D44 out of one of those for a first gen SAS? I plan to stay spring under axle and don’t want to get into narrowing a housing and getting custom axle shafts.
Thanks,
Patrick

·
Super Moderator
2,783 Posts
I believe Scouts are 5 lug. Also I think they’re wider than a Wagoneer. Not sure on the width.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The five lug part doesn’t matter as you can swap the necessary parts for 6 lug. As far as I have found online the Scout 44 is actually 3/4” narrower WMS to WMS than the wagoner. My bigger concern is the spring perch locations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Car

Ended up getting the Toyota FJ60 axles. The front is 58-3/4” WMS-WMS and the spring perches are 32” wide to the outsides. 6 bolt pattern and has 4 piston calipers. It is a 9-1/2”ring gear so I don’t think my little SFI 3.4 will be able to hurt it! I’ll make a new thread once I start on the installation as that won’t be until winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts