Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Scott and my wife, Carolyn and I live in the upstate of South Carolina. My brother, Kurt, owns an import repair shop here, so I've been around Isuzus since they first came over on the boat. He worked at Vic Bailey Isuzu way back when and I remember him first talking about Rodeos. We weren't sure if they were pronounced like the Drive in Beverly Hills or the horse round-up. My first one is my 2000 Rodeo LS. It came with the leather seat add-on, bought it from a wholesaler. It would be perfect if everyone else in my family didn't have a problem getting in and out of the driveway. My wife's current Isuzu is a 93 Amigo 4WD, electric blue with snowflake wheels. Just bought her a 2000 2WD Amigo off Craigslist with a blown motor but otherwise showroom condition. Needless to say, rebuilding the engine is not an issue. I'm a tech support/trainer in the sign industry, I work for Fellers, out of Tulsa OK, but am based out of my home. I work with Mutoh Valuejet wide-format solvent inkjet printers, vinyl cutters and laminators. I'm considering doing a partial wrap on my wife's new Amigo. Two grown boys, so my wife and I have the run of the house these days. More money than sense, some of the time.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Welcome aboard not that it counts too much coming from...haven't done my intro yet just realizing this section is here....Too much stuff in these forums keeping my attention. Careful with the vinyl info think you may end up with more work then you can handle, reading how some of the ppl here go apey for stickers.....:p Like how after paint I wan the old zoo logo large as life on my hood. Anyways welcome aboard sir.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,743 Posts
Welcome, Scott. When I lived in Spartanburg ('80-'82), I didn't know anything about Isuzus. I bought a diesel Rabbit in Spartanburg. After moving to Memphis in '82, I bought my Isuzu P'up (in '83). Vic Bailey sounds familiar. He probably had other brands besides Isuzu.

We loved Spartanburg, and thought we wanted to settle down there. But we gradually grew roots in the Memphis area.

Jack

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Germantown! I ate BBQ at the Germantown Commissary recently. I travel a lot and eat barbecue wherever I go. They gave me a free t-shirt when I went to the Bar-B-Q Shop in Memphis 'cuz I was wearing a shirt from another place. Both places beat Interstate, Corky's, Rendezvous

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,743 Posts
I'm not a Commissary fan. The times I've been there, we had cold food and mediocre service. And, there was a "large" waitress who bumped the back of my chair and gave me whiplash every time she walked by (it was crowded). There are too many good places around here to put up with that from a restaurant that's supposed to be top tier.

I haven't been to the Bar-B-Q shop in years, but it was good when I went.

So, what do you think of the Beacon?

Jack

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Twice a year--max. I like my intestinal tract too much to risk more often. Now the Sugar 'n Spice, that's a good chilicheese. I'll have to check out that junk yard. Every time I go to LKQ, I'm disappointed in the inventory.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome Scott. I grew up in Greenville. I remember Vic Bailey Isuzu. I used to drive past the lot and look at that row of pretty Vehicrosses and just drool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts