Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 94 Trooper from the jaws of the car baler where I work. A customer DROVE it in. My boss alway looks out for me on these trucks. Anyway it has 152K on it, the 3.2 and 5 speed. The customer said he didn't want to work on the trans and the radiator has a hole in it. It is a little rough on the inside, needs some cleaning. The plastic radiator is cracked and looks like epoxy fix that didn't work. The "trans" issue is the clutch is completly shot, when you put it in gear it slowly moves like a slipping auto tranny, been a long time since I had one that bad. The engine sounds good. But for a couple hundred bucks I could not pass it up. And it has the G80 rear. The body is really good and I don't think it has hardly been off the road. What I needed, another project. Anyway I am picking it up tomorrow and hope to get a few pictures before I store it for the winter at a friends place. I still have 2 other ones I am working on too!

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
hessmess said:
I just picked up a 94 Trooper from the jaws of the car baler where I work. A customer DROVE it in. My boss alway looks out for me on these trucks. Anyway it has 152K on it, the 3.2 and 5 speed. The customer said he didn't want to work on the trans and the radiator has a hole in it. It is a little rough on the inside, needs some cleaning. The plastic radiator is cracked and looks like epoxy fix that didn't work. The "trans" issue is the clutch is completly shot, when you put it in gear it slowly moves like a slipping auto tranny, been a long time since I had one that bad. The engine sounds good. But for a couple hundred bucks I could not pass it up. And it has the G80 rear. The body is really good and I don't think it has hardly been off the road. What I needed, another project. Anyway I am picking it up tomorrow and hope to get a few pictures before I store it for the winter at a friends place. I still have 2 other ones I am working on too!
Ok, now I'm really getting jealous !!

Please let me know if someone ever drives in a spacecab.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Cool.
Sounds like you could fix 'er up and sell it at a profit.
At the very least you'll be keeping another 'Zu on the road.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeff,
I will let you know ASAP if someone brings in a spacecab. Mine is the only one I have ever seen in this area. So far anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts