Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '99 Passport which is an AWESOME truck but I do have one problem that I am not happy about at all. The transmission now shifts extrememly rough some mornings from 3rd-4th gear especially, and jolts when coming to a stop unless you pull over and turn off the car for about 20 seconds but this only started recently and I know its the range senor (neutral safety switch/trans switch) and I know a lot of people have had this same problem. I think the supposed error codes are p0705 and p0706 Isuzu & Honda both want to charge me in excess of $400 to get this fixed (includes labor) In my opinion, enough people have this problem making this not only a safety problem but it should be fixed at no charge. Anyone feel the same way and want their money back please contact me. I need as many people as I can get. How much have you been charged for the same thing to be fixed because I know $400 is not fair.

[email protected]
Thanks.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Per Keith on the SUV.com isuzu site, the range sensor p/n is: # 8-96017-511-0. It's right under the truck on the left side of the tranny. Only a matter of one electrical plug, two small attachment bolds & a nut on the tranny shift arm to remove & replace it. Call St. Charles isuzu & get a price for the part. G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
i have a 99 rodeo and i had the exact sounding tranny problem - but mine was in the first and secod gear. also - when i stopped the vehicle, there was an additional roll in the brakes. i took it in and the shop told me it was the TPS (throtle position sensor) i changed it - things were fine for a month. then i was on a long drive and was idling at a mcdonalds drive thru. the A/T oil temp light came on, as did the check engine light. i was 1/2 way thru a 1200 km trip - so bottom line when i got to the garage the tranny was a mess. it was all covered under a supplemental guarantee i bought when i got the truck (thank god) but the tranny shop said it was shot. 2500.00 job later (only cost me 175.00) my truck drives like new.
i hope that is all - but i'm nervous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.