Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course here in Virginia we have our yearly safety inspections. Question is, is there such a thing as a safety inspection that isn't a safety inspection? Meaning, can I pay a premium amount for an inspection so that I can get problems fixed before failing the real inspection?

I suspect there is such a thing. What would I ask for?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you fail the safety inspection they will tell you what you need to get fixed.
Yeah, I know. I've been getting inspections for about 40 years now.

And.. .
And as long as you do it before your registration is due you have until the registration expires to get it to pass.
Bzzzt! But thanks for playing.

And...

You wont have to pay for another inspection if you fail it.
OK, if you get it fixed in 14 days (or so)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Lots of shops will do "pre-buy" inspections for people looking at buying a used car. Sounds kind of similar to what you're asking.

Remember shops like to make money, I'm sure if you paid them enough, most do as thorough an inspection as you want.

Of course the real answer is just pick up a telephone, call a shop :idea: and ask them.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
PolarStar said:
If you fail the safety inspection they will tell you what you need to get fixed.
Yeah, I know. I've been getting inspections for about 40 years now.
haha, smarta$$... I guess it was a pretty obvious comment though.

As far as the rest... much different than Utah code. I guess thats what I get for commenting and not paying attention to where you are :drunken:

and its 15 days before you pay again :D

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sags said:
Of course the real answer is just pick up a telephone, call a shop :idea: and ask them.
Nah, I'd rather be a noob among friends first.

I figure this can't be an unusual request though. Driving around with a failed inspection sticker scrambling to fix something is ludicrous.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
I dont know what all is involved in state inspections but a lot of national repair chains do free 20 point inspections or something like that. I know firestone does. Not sure they check everything the state inspection covers though. Just remember, there are in business to make money and and may try to sell you on fixing stuff that doesnt need to be.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Hey mark. You should like move to MD, so you get an inspection once. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts