Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THANKS FOR THE HELP ON THE ROCKER ARM PROBLEM.Will try the sea SEA FOAM. Now, why is this trooper [1993] undercarrage so rusted? and can I do something to fix this problem? it seems like the undercoding is peeling off. is there something i can do to fix this problem.
thank you

·
Registered
123 Posts
Howdy. Well, living on the West Coast, we typically don't have problems with rust as salt/sand is the real destroyer on the East. In any case, there are a number or products available for rust. My personal favorite and one that I've used for years is POR-15. This is the best rust preventer I've found, it's a one part epoxy paint that cures with moisture (actually gets better with time!). You MUST be in a well ventilated area when applying though and you must top-coat it if it is going to be exposed to the sun as UV will break it down.

There is also the options of Naval Jelly, Permatex rust destroyer, Herculiner, etc. All of these are about the same in my opionion. Is this just surface rust? Or do you have any pitting? Whatever you choose, just make sure to remove all the rust in the first place. Good luck.

-Kevin

·
Registered
591 Posts
I second WrenchM on the POR-15. This is awesome stuff designed to be painted directly over rust- thus the name "Paint Over Rust- POR". Here's the website: http://www.por15.com/, or it can be had on eBay as well. It's a bit pricey, time consuming to apply, but it's definately a great product.
G/luck
Joel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.