Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been smelling fuel in my engine compartment. And I found the source. No. 1 fuel injector is leaking fuel. I'm going to order the part and replace it myself. If anyone has replaced fuel injectors on a 2.6, throw some tips this way. Like where is the best place to get a rebuilt one, what else will I need to replace, and anything else that may come to mind.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I replaced the injector seals on my 89 RS. It wasn't a fun job, but it is doable. Some ratcheting box wrenches will help a lot. I think that 12mm was the most used one on that project. Are you sure that it's the injector? my seals were leaking so bad that gas was running down the side of the block (dry-rot). I suggest doing all 8 gaskets (4 upper and 4 lower) and be careful of the metal clips that hold the wiring harness connectors onto the injectors. You need to pry them out of the way to remove the connectors, but if you pry too hard, they dissappear into the woods.

-Tad

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou for the prompt reply Tad. I'll go ahead and replace the seals first and hopefully that should solve the problem. Each new fuel injector at autozone is 150 bucks!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fuel injector seal replacement was a success. I took my time and managed to clean and polish away any trace of carbon deposits from the upper intake and throttle body. There was alot. My most usefull tool was a digital camera to take pictures of the vacuum routing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts