Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you guys like the original dark gray grill, or do you think the matching red suits it better?

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

i also added these two holes on each side for more attaching points for the round-eye grill. you can see the new holes where the blue tape is. the lower one will be squared off to accept the snap-in screw holder. the new upper hole as well as the oblong hole just below it, will be used for carriage bolts that will be epoxied through the grill and protrude into those holes. the top hole will need a 1" spacer to keep the grill in the proper position.

Hosted on Fotki

cheers, john

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I think the red is cool, make it look more like a toy, which is fun.
I love round eyes.

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I vote for black first, red second. The grey just doesn't look right against the red, in my opinion.

And you know what "they" say about opinions........

govno90 said:
do you guys like the original dark gray grill, or do you think the matching red suits it better?
cheers, john

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I was thinking about doing mine red but want with with black, post some pics of it all put back together.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I like the grey. It's different.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
red makes it look more "sport" and gray gives it a contrast which is what I like...but hey it looks good either way

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Metal88 said:
red makes it look more "sport" and gray gives it a contrast which is what I like...but hey it looks good either way
Yeah, the grille on my RS is red to match the body. I guess that is the "sport" model after all. I like contrast too and I think a fresh coat of paint in like a gun metal grey would look awesome against the red. Heck, I may have to steal that idea.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The original grill on my RS looked sporty in matching red, but i think the contrast of the satin black round-eye grill that I replaced it with looks much cooler.
The added "visual weight" of the black grill over the black tires makes the truck look even beefier than it already does...especially over the round fog lights.
:eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my plan is to do a dark, dark gray on everything below the fender and door crease. so from half way up the doors, the complete fender bumps, and continue around onto the front and rear aprons. also thinking about doing the bumpers in the dark, dark gray as well. that is why i'm thinking the red grill would be better. the gray section might possibly be done in line-x, not sure yet. if i get a rustoleum or krylon paint in quarts, i'll have the matching rattle can color to do touch-ups if needed.

john

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'd say that if you're going to be doing the lower part of the truck the dark grey, it would look best with the grill red, if you do it the dark grey it might blend in too much.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Sohc said:
jeremy_worden said:
I was thinking about doing mine red but want with with black, post some pics of it all put back together.
I can chop that for you.
OK lets see it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts