Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, long story short, bought short block and got reinstalled last week. When started and running it has a rough idle, and when put in gear it almost dies. When you bring the rpm up to around 1500 rpm it runs extremely smooth. So I don't think it is a timing issue. It seems a little slow to react when you hit the gas. I have made sure, the intake is not leaking because I sprayed some carb cleaner by the sealing surfaces and it had no increase in idle. What else should I check, or any ideas. The check engine light is on, I am going to try and get them read as soon as possible and will report back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright update.......

Bought a new pcv valve and installed and did help with the almost dying when in gear. Pulled codes and have P1312, PO300. Do have autolite plugs in and have read a little about that they may be causing the problems. I am just pulling my hair out. Seem to get one problem fixed and another pops up. Any help or direction would be awesome.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yo, I think the reason you're not getting any responses is because you put the thread in the General section instead of the Drivetrain Problems section. That seems to be where the guys that have dealt with this before are found. Try cross posting both entries in that forum to get some help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.