Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I was told by chrion to post this here instead of the general forum. I had a 3.5 that had four snapped off head bolts. So a new short block was ordered and put it. Everything was installed, and the vehicle runs. It runs rough at idle, when up around 1500 rpms it smoothes right out. I went through and checked all wiring. Also when you put it into gear it almost dies. I have scanned the codes and got two, P1312, and PO300. So far I have pulled and re checked all plug gaps, checked to see if there was a different coil pack for the #6 cylinder that I have heard might happen. I have also sprayed the intake gaskets while running and there is no increase in idle. I have done some research and have heard that I should put in denso plugs instead of the autolite plugs, so I have them on order. I did replace the pcv valve and it did help some, it doesn't want to die when you put it in gear right now. Does anybody else have an direction or ideas as to what is going on? I am pulling my hair out.

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked and triple checked the timing before I did it. Doesn't mean it's not off though. Could I do a compression test to check if I have a dead bank before I tear the front back apart?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.