Put a roof rack on one of those.
Like a Yakima or Thule rack that is like the whole top
Of the car. So you could practically sit in on the top
Of your car?

Post a picture later

·
Registered
325 Posts
Definitely possible. Lots of guys have done this. You might check the members rides sections for pictures. Or searching for roof rack pictures should give you different ideas. With a first generation, you use the gutter mounts. Good luck and welcome to the planet.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Never heard of such a thing. :lol:

I've run 3 thule bars with gutter feet and bike racks since back in '88.

The gutter mounts for both the Yakima's and the Thules are pretty cheap and common on Epay and CL these days. I just bought 4 feet to replace a couple I caught on a tree at URE for $25 for the set.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 1A are being produced i just checked their website :D

Thats expensive..I live in hawaii...all the places ive checked on EBAY only send to the 48 states xD
not alaska or hawaii.

ill keep my chin up and keep looking. :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
System One makes an incredibly nice gutter mounted rack that works great on my '90 Trooper. All extruded aluminum and stainless steel with lots of accessories. I can stand on the center of one of the crossbars and it barely deflects. Don't try that with a Thule or Yakima. They even have built in winches for the load straps. All the details on these are very well thought out. Look for them at Ladderracks dot com. I've had mine on for several years and I have hauled tons of stuff with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts